Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-29-2005, 1:00 PM Reply   
You guys provided the questions and this is the result: http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=366.

And don't miss the killer photo gallery by good ol' Arun at: http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=309
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-29-2005, 1:24 PM Reply   
That is a really good Interview. It's good to hear about what he's been doing. Anyone know what Speedball is? I'm assuming you must be charging the wake really hard and flipping around and around tucked into a ball maybe? Too bad about some of his sponsors letting him go but I guess that happens in every sport.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-29-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
that was a great interview. I have nothing but respect for him. I'm really glad that he is on Liquid Force now. He fits there. He was really cool when we played with him at the Wakesports/Wakeworld Golf Tournament.

Mango - a speedball is a double hs frontflip.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-29-2005, 1:41 PM Reply   
A switch method Vulcan?!?!?! DAMN!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-29-2005, 1:43 PM Reply   
You must not have been a very good golf partner since he hasn't played the game since!! :-)
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-29-2005, 1:44 PM Reply   
What is a flatline spin, and what is an orbital 5?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-29-2005, 2:06 PM Reply   
It was interesting to see what he wrote about the Pro Tour Judges. I wonder how they feel about that and will it hurt him next year?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-29-2005, 4:38 PM Reply   
I have no idea what a flatline spin is, but an orbital five is when you spin a backside 180 then spin over the rope a 360 and land blind. It's kinda like a roll to blind but the backside 180 is prominently first.

Dave you watch it buddy! Someday I may grant you the pleasure of playing golf with me.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-29-2005, 5:43 PM Reply   
A flatline spin is an on-axis spin where the rope passes under the board/rider...
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-29-2005, 5:51 PM Reply   
great interview, that is why i love this site.
Anyway, i could not understand his last answer
WW: Any predictions for the rest of 2005 and 2006?
WW: Any predictions for the rest of 2005 and 2006?
DS: Soven is the most technical rider in the world, but needs to go bigger to get some respect. Also, the twerp got me disqualified in France for not wearing a bib. Thanks Froggy.

What did he mean???}

(Message edited by luchog on August 29, 2005)
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
Darin forgot to put his bib on before his run and was DQd. I guess PS didn't say anything to him on the dock. I think he was just having fun and not really peaved about it.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
I agree about the judging. Too much emphasis on technical and not enough on amplitude. Should be both. 9's and 7's are awesome but I hate too see a guy win with lots of spins and not much diversity or style.
Old    murrayair            08-29-2005, 9:52 PM Reply   
I just don't get the scoring in contests. Like the winning score for wakeboarding at the X-games was only like 70. In every other sport the winning score was low to mid 90's.

Is Darin really the only person to ever land a speedball? I thought Nodalski or someone had done it. Either way, Darin's riding is phenomonal and he deserves all the respect in the world.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       08-29-2005, 10:45 PM Reply   
doug homan supposedly landed it (a few times), and the photographers supposedly fudged the shots to "make him look stupid." that's according to doug from an old launch magazine.

Personally, I believe that he landed it because when you see his cut...it's totally possible. But I don't have the pics, so whatever. I'm just saying...
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-30-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
sorry again, what's a bibżżż????
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-30-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
a bib is the nylon shirt deal with a number and sponsor crap on it that they wear over their vests in competitons..
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-30-2005, 3:22 PM Reply   
and babies wear them when they eat