Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (maxpower890)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-02-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
I am looking for new bindings. I am looking for good support. I broke my ankle last summer because my foot fell out when i was falling, so i need them to stay on when they are supposed to. I have been looking at Hyperlite Parks or CWB Zeus. which are better? or should i look at other bindings?
Thanks
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-02-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
Funny, I went from the Parks to the Zeus.
IMO much more comfortable. Better ankle support and the toe area tightening on the Zeus actually worked.
Plus my Parks' tore three times in four months.
Old    xtremrider            03-03-2004, 8:40 PM Reply   
Well there is a binding that has alot of suport but not everyone likes the feal, and that is the collective development binding. Also take a look at NICE binding have a very good product
Old     (maxpower890)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-03-2004, 9:56 PM Reply   
Thanks...I'll Keep looking around. There is still a couple months till summer
Old    cmm83            03-03-2004, 10:09 PM Reply   
One binding that really has me interested that I want to try is the Liquid Force Transits.

Don't quote me on this, but I think out of Hyperlites upper level bindings...the Parks will have the worst ankle support.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-03-2004, 11:36 PM Reply   
CWB Zeus all the way!! So nice...Lots of heel hold down and a nice tall wrap up your calf. I broke my ankle a few years back as well and never feel insecure in these boots. I guarantee you will love em.
Old     (maxpower890)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-11-2004, 7:48 PM Reply   
My feet are a little wider that normal. Do either the Parks or Zeus have a narrow fot to them? Are there any other binding you would suggest for a little wider foot. My foot isnt REALLY wide, but just a little wider than normal.
Thanks
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-11-2004, 9:14 PM Reply   
I also have a pretty wide foot, wider than most and the Zeus is great. I guarantee that you will dig them.
Old    dinker            03-12-2004, 10:31 AM Reply   
I broke my leg twice if you want great support I would go with the Temets. They have the best support up top that your looking for, plus on top of that Shaun Murray broke his leg last year and these are his new bindings. The new boa is awesome they have the best support out of all the bindings i have tried out there.
Old     (maxpower890)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-15-2004, 6:52 PM Reply   
will the Temet bindings be good for me with my slightly wider than normal foot, and has anyone else heard anyhting about the temet bindings?
Old    cmm83            03-15-2004, 7:43 PM Reply   
I rode with the Temets the other day. They didn't appear to be particularly narrow to me. I have probably about average width foot and I had some space on the sides. I have about a size 11 shoe and was using the XL bindings. The BOA holds your lower shin/upper ankle like nothing else and if you crank down on that option 2 strap your heel won't lift a bit.
I would be a little concerned about durability though. My Byerly's are coming apart...I've heard the same is happening to a lot of people with Parks, and I could see similar area's on the Temets where I think they might start to come apart.
Old     (maxpower890)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-16-2004, 7:09 AM Reply   
If you had to pick between the Zeus, Parks, or Temets which would you rather use or buy?
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-16-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
Nice PRS1's.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-16-2004, 9:30 AM Reply   
Jared -Zeus
Old    duncans            03-16-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   
I've got wide feet and ride the parks bindings and love them. I fractured my ankle a couple seasons ago and needed a binding with good support. I switched from the DoubleUp Greg Nelsons to a set of Belmonts. I hatted them, too stiff and it seamed to hurt my ankle more than support it as well as squeaze my feet. They would tighten way too tight around the wide section of my feet (just behind the toes don't know what that part is called) and hurt like a mother f@#^... I switched to the Parks a couple months later and for my feet they rock. Because of the top section that pushes down on the foot rather that squeazing inward my wide feet don't cramp or hurt but still have all the support I need. They're also flexible enough for tweaks and pokes which the Belmonts were not. Everyones feet are different and I've never tried the Zeus but they sound great also. Good luck.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-16-2004, 12:16 PM Reply   
Which Bindings?!?!

Not to sound like an @ss, but that is a relative question. Some people will rant about Parks, Zues, Ultras, and yadayadayada.

If I asked you, "what is the best fitting shoe?", would your answer be the best shoe for me? probaly not.

All bindings are made differently and, most importantly, everyone has differently shaped feet. i have had 2 pair 03 Parks and they even fit differently. You HAVE to demo bindings to get the best possible pair for your feet. The most expensive ones may not even provide the best fit either.
Old    dinker            03-16-2004, 3:41 PM Reply   
Like I said I broke both of my legs and I rode the parks and didnt feel that they gave good support for my legs and now I switched to the Temets and wouldnt switch to anything else its your personal preference but Im just telling you that the Temets give awesome support!!and they dont hurt my legs at all and i have 6screws and a plate in mt right leg and it they dont bother my legs at all go with the Temets