Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (zachb91)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-04-2013, 9:20 PM Reply   
fulltilt circuit i think board. and hyperlite spin bindings
Attached Images

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-04-2013, 10:21 PM Reply   
That was Thomas Horrell's pro model. Yeah, he used to wakeboard and was quite good too. Definitely upgrade, the new equipment rides so much different and really does make things easier.
Old     (zachb91)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-04-2013, 10:41 PM Reply   
yeah lol i lost my fins on it last year. made for a fun challenging ride to try and do any tricks of the wake. made surface tricks more fun though lol 900s were no problem lol. i had a lf super squirt i think that i started on. ill keep this one for my friends to ride. what kind do you guys think should get?
6`2 1/2 lol
not very good just more like to ride and learn as i go not in any hurry to go big. but dam i wanna land a tantrum this year lol.
Old     (natepribyl)      Join Date: Jun 2012       02-04-2013, 11:45 PM Reply   
Look into a liquid force Watson.... its a great all around board consistent and easy to ride for all levels of riders
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-05-2013, 12:00 AM Reply   
man, the sky is the limit on board recommendations.

if you can give us more info on what your looking for in the feel and ride we can pin it down.
ex: speed, tracking, pop, etc.

For now i am going to take a guess that you like a fast board, being as the older skinnier boards like your fultilt had good speed on them.

modern boards have switched to shallower but longer based fins. the surface area is the same to achieve a similar bite and hold, but because they are more shallow they can be broken loose for surface tricks like you were enjoying when you lost fins on your fultilt

BOARDS:
maybe try these(no particular order, just a board or two for each major brand):
CWB Faction
Obrien Format
Hyperlite Process or murray
Ronix viva or district
Liquid Force (super)trip or witness
Slingshot Newton or response
*** if you can demo than do so

BINDINGS:
you may not be able to demo a wakeboard before you buy but at least try some boots on in a store setting if possible.
the wakeboard you choose wont mean anything if your boots are not comfortable
Old     (chad23)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-05-2013, 12:26 AM Reply   
As long as you're having fun you dont have to change. But just like the guys before I would recommend upgrading to some newer gear just because the gear has
progressed so fast the last couple years. I agree with Nate, the LF watson is really forgiving, a good freeride board for us who just ride 1-2 times a week.
For bindings its all preference, it depends how much ankle support you want.

For tantrums just follow this link or read my bs below: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcgtM7Dxtxk

The tantrum is all about edging hard towards the wake. It sounds suicidal but here's a step by step process:
1) cut out on hard on your toe edge, begin a progressive cut into the wake
2) by the time you reach the wake you should have a pretty decent edge into the wake.
3) Stand tall on your board, with a some pressure on your toes (If you do the entry and take off correctly, it should feel similar to a tramp backflip)
4)As you stand tall, remember to straighten your legs and drop your back hand(right for reg, left for goofy), this squares your body to the wake.
5)As you leave the lip, start and keep looking back over your spine (act like someone is trying to pulling your hair from beIhind you and you cant break free).
It 's going to be awkward at first, but soon it will make sense. To speed up your rotation suck your knees to your chest and to slow your rotation straighten your legs oot like a gingerbread man.

good luck! I cant wait to see videos!!!

It really helps if you can remember the feeling off a trampoline. Dont forget to show us some vids!!!
Old     (zachb91)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-05-2013, 9:07 AM Reply   
this year im so gonna try it. last year i was gonna attemp a back roll when my fins fell off my boardf so yeah on the edge in i kinda just spun lol.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-05-2013, 9:44 AM Reply   
is that Horrell in good condition? If you upgrade & want to sell that off, I may be interested.