Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (stj)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-22-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
dose anyone have one of these

or know where i can get one??
http://www.ropewinder.com/
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-22-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
try calling the company. the number is right on their website.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       02-22-2006, 4:11 PM Reply   
those things are cool..do you think they could make a button at either side of the rope handle that was remote..one for pulling you in and the other letting you out that the rider could control while wakeboarding? that would be cool!!
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-22-2006, 4:42 PM Reply   
Jake- You can get one of those from Boss Accesories.com, I know they carry them.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       02-22-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
I was told from a boat dealership (saying no Names) that they sold a small hand full of them and almost everyone of them came back within months. They kept breaking and had alot of problems with them. I was told that they may be coming out with a better product. I didn't buy one because of that and plus they look big and bulking on your tower.

Brannon
Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-23-2006, 5:36 AM Reply   
saw it at the la boat show...but i have a better one, i picked them up a few years ago... my kids
Old     (andreas)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-23-2006, 7:08 AM Reply   
That thing is Fugly!! JMHO
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-23-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
I think it's dope.

But if they are breaking, that's not good.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-23-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
Jake, try www.skireel.com, I personally know the owner. Really good guy and will take care of you with his product.
Old     (spaco)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-28-2006, 10:37 PM Reply   
Has anyone actually used one of these and have anything to say about them, as opposed to heresay and speculation??

I'd be keen to look at getting one, but would like to hear some real experience with them
Old    wakemeister1            03-01-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
I bought one last year and love it. They have hooked up with Mastercraft and redesigned it, and they even upgraded mine for free.
Old    debiwi            03-12-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
we have a control pro flight tower on our boat & we just ordered a rope winder for it & after looking at how they mount it shows to unscrew the tow ball, however ours is a solid tow ball. Does anyone know if these can be universably mounted?
I also seen the skireel & if this one dont work i'll probably go with that. does anyone now how much the skireel cost?
Old    debiwi            03-13-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
i entered the posting for the rope winder & the pro flight tower. i actually called the company & spoke with darren there & this will mount on our tower. we have to mount it behind the ball on the tower itself. also he let me know that sometime in june they will have the remote control update option availabe & that they are coming out with a lcd board that will allow you to set the rope for an individual rider. its similar to perfect pass. i know i'll be looking forward to the updates. thanks darren for returning my call quickly, & thanks for the updates