Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    bambamski            10-07-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
I got ear protection on mine. it Can't hurt and if you don't like it the protec ones just snap off
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-07-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
Personal choice all the way but I like my protec with ear protection it seems to work well. Accidents happen so I could change my mind.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-08-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
I'd tell him to get a set of Doc's Proplugs. http://www.proplugs.com You can find them at most any scuba dive shop. Much better protection and those ear flaps fall off super easy on the protec helmets. If you go w/ the flaps...make sure you do something to make then stay on the snaps better. Someone suggested "liquid nails" to solve the problemo. I just need to track down another ear flap now if I'm going to worry about it......
Old    alanp            10-08-2004, 7:26 PM Reply   
i second the proplugs. i rarely ride without them. i wear a helmet when im learning new stuff without earflaps. i know a kid that blew out is ear drum with the flaps so i wouldnt trust them. get the proplugs and dont get clear(ive lost a set)
Old     (wakemaniac69)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-25-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
Hi Kenny, I refuse to wakeboard without a helment, and it MUST have ear protection. I use a kayaking helmet with built in ear protection. I'm certain it has saved me from a few concussions already, not to mention the ear drums. Ride Safe, it's more fun.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-26-2004, 12:30 AM Reply   
helmets, huh??? What for??? Its just water.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-26-2004, 12:35 AM Reply   
andy = tough guy.
Old    dusty            11-26-2004, 3:37 PM Reply   
do those plugs cover your whole ear??

(Message edited by dusty on November 26, 2004)
Old    alanp            11-28-2004, 12:35 AM Reply   
i wear proplugs and dont use the flaps. i do know of a kid that ruptured a drum while riding with just the flaps.
Old     (petertjr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-29-2004, 5:54 AM Reply   
thats for lettin me know about proplugs, they look great, i've really killed my ear a few times attempting new tricks, so i think i'll get some of those before i burst my ear drum.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-29-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
The odd time I wear a helmet, I wear one with ear protection, if I'm wearing it for protection why stop halfway?
Old    snoobs            11-29-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
over the weekend i gotta chance to try the ace wake and ace water helmets. the ace water seemed to fit better and felt lighter. i'm thinking i'll go with the ace water and get me some of those ear plugs.
Old    alanp            11-29-2004, 1:03 PM Reply   
the new helmets are really good as far as comfort goes. far better then the wake ace. im not sure of the name but its the most expensive pro tec.