Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (lakepirate)      Join Date: May 2007       06-06-2008, 3:35 AM Reply   
I am thinking about making a trip to Lake Piru in the near future and had some questions about it.

1. Can I camp overnight there? And if so, how are the conditions of the camping facilities and how far from the water are they?

2. Are there any coves there that are big enough to park the boat and chill?

3. Is alcohol allowed there? How, if any, are the cops that patrol the lake?

4. How's the lake for wake boarding?

5. Is the water clean there?

Beyond those ?'s, any other input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-06-2008, 6:40 AM Reply   
Lake Sucks for riding

6am=blown out

Yes there is a cove but everyone goes there

Just like any other there is no drinking and driving.

CAMPING IS 1 MILE AWAY FROM THE LAKE.
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-06-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
The lake has a lot of debris right now. It's a good lake at times. Right now is not one of those times.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-06-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
1. Can I camp overnight there? And if so, how are the conditions of the camping facilities and how far from the water are they? -
there is a group site that is close to one of the ramps. you can usually moor your boat right in front of your site. it all depends on the water level though.
if you cant get that site, you might want to find another place to camp. nothing but gangbangers there. all dirt, dirty facilities, not worth it. IMO. there was a new company coming in to handle all the camping, and other recreational stuff there, but from what I understand, not a whole lot has been done yet.

and then ditto what spin said about the other stuff.
Old     (poodle)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-06-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
there are canp sites on the water in the oak grove right now there is alot of debris right now but the lake is full maybe about 10 feet from the top if you plan on being there during the week at all you will get great water in the morn till about 10 or 11 on a good day maybe 12 other than that weekends suck haha
Old     (jon_roth)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-06-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
I can have a good ride at Piru any day of the week . Camping is good too. drink if you want ... the choice is yours
Old     (jon_roth)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-06-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
what up thomas ? poots? lets ride piru this weekend !
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-06-2008, 11:05 AM Reply   
rothy! whats up man? long time no talk.
I have to go to fresno this weekend to see my nephews new baby! we'll ride soon though man. I rode last weekend up in Bake with Chuck and Brandon. I am way out of shape!