Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       03-11-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
Looking at getting new bindings this year. Probably Answer, Zeus or Faction. Any comments on these or any other CWB bindings would be appreciated.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-11-2009, 12:38 PM Reply   
I have rode in all three, they are all great bindings.
If you want a high end open toe, go with the Faction.
If you want a nice high ankle support binding that are stiff, not to much flex, go with the Zeus.
If you want great hold, but want a binding that is not as stiff as the Zeus at the ankle for more movement for tweaks and grabs, go with the Answer.

They are all great, just depends what you want out of your bindings.

Hope this helps.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-11-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
as for the o/t bindings I've used the Torq, Faction, and Zeus bindings I don't like the Torqs to low, the Factions are my favorite they seem to be just right for me, the Zeus bindings seemed too stiff and too high for me. I haven't tried any of the c/t bindings but I hear the Answers are where it's at
Old     (n00b)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-11-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
Mine have held up very well, after a season they still barely look used. :-)
I've only ridden the Zeus so i can't comment on the others but I love mine.
Old     (tvreeland)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-11-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
I had ankle problems so I always looked for stiff and tall bindings. I rode the Ronix Cells and they were pretty good, but now I ride CWB Zeus and they are so much better on my ankles. CWB makes good stuff and they back it up.
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       03-11-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
All very helpful - thanks. I have used the Torq's but agree they are too low (have them on my "guest" board now). Answer sounds like it might be the one, but I have never ridden closed toe before, so maybe the Factions. Going to my dealer this weekend.

I am an old slalom skier (please don't drum me off the board) and have the Hinge bindings on my Connelly F1. They are awesome, and if they had invented them years ago, I would have said about 10,000 less expletives and had about 50 more friends in my slalom days because I use to throw a fit getting the tight double high wrap bindings on.
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-11-2009, 1:26 PM Reply   
like everyone else said, Zeus if you want more stiffness/support, Answer or Faction if you want more flex.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2009, 1:27 PM Reply   
I've got the 08 Answers and love them, great bindings
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-11-2009, 1:42 PM Reply   
I have used the Answers since they first came out & I love them. For some reason they just fit right. I'd agree with Jeff's assessment of the different boots, for '09 the Zeus gives you the option of lacing one hook lower for a little more flexibility.

I will say you can't go wrong with them in regards to durability. The Hinge is well made and I have never had an issue. Have fun.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-11-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
I would suggest demo-ing if you can. I got a pair of the Answers and the hinge dug into my Achilles and I could not ride them. Maybe I am just a weirdo though.
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-11-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
I've ridden the Answers and Factions and love them both. I never thought that I would like closed toe boots but after riding the Answers I will never go back to open toe boots.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-11-2009, 5:22 PM Reply   
Friend of mine just bought a pair of LF bindings after busting 3-4 pair last year..great binding till they break.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-11-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
im on 07 factions and love them. i did not like the way the zeus fit me. i did not try the answer.Bottom line for me if it aint got the hinge it aint worth having. demo them if you can i think you will like them.
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       03-12-2009, 6:43 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input. Plan to demo them all. Sounds like the Answers might be the winner. I do love the Hinge.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-12-2009, 7:20 AM Reply   
Don't know if anybody saw Boarders Best Buy today but Zeus bindings for 149! Sigh...should have held off seeing as I bought mine end of last year at 179..I had the O/T vapors and they werent too bad of a boot. Hoping for a little taller and keeps a stiffer support with these Zeus'
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-12-2009, 7:37 AM Reply   
No experience with the factions but...
I rode the old Zeus' for years, and opted for a newer model last year.
Started with the Answers, but quickly discovered I wasn't that huge a fan of the CT. Took them back after 2 sets and picked up the OT zeus'. Wasn't sure about them at first, but unlaced the top lace from the top eyelet, and they were money. The 09's have it set up this way where you can have the top eyelet or leave it, kinda like a boot lacing system. They are really stiff, but if you wanna get your tweak on, just grab and tweak it a little harder, they'll work with you and break in pretty quickly to where you can do whatever you want without sacraficing any support. Hoopefully that helps.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-12-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
Go with Zeus but trim the tongue to loosen it up a bit. Shon at OffAxis showed me this and man, they are super comfy. It's like the best of Answer and Zues in one.
Thanks Shon!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-12-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
^^^ Trim the tongue?? More details please!!
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-12-2009, 8:14 AM Reply   
Cut the plastic stiffener below and above where it is stitched. Make the cut in a "V" shape. I didn't like the pressure it put on the top of my foot and bottom of the ankle but now; perfecto.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-12-2009, 8:54 AM Reply   
I think the Faction is the same boot just ot version to the Answer?

I have 08 Answer's and love them, Only weakness is the laces. If you ride a lot they will break. I just carry an extra set of shoe laces and swap em out when they break.
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       03-12-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
Man, sounds like CWB really listens to the customers. They have essentially incorporated Darin's mod into the product. (Darin: Any royalties?) Unfortunately, it looks like they discontinued open toe versions of the Zeus and Answer. I think the Faction is different than the Answer.

Fatsac's mod might not be incorporated but sounds like a way to get add a little more flex to the Zeus.

All these great bindings and only two feet to put in them. Guess I'll have to demo.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-12-2009, 3:54 PM Reply   
Yeah, I wondered the same thing (especiall since I sent one in due to a cracked plate with the top lace undone) No royalties, but I did get a new boot out of the deal. It is unfortunate they went away from the OT versions, I have yet to try another CT, but the new zeus might be it if I break another plate.
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-12-2009, 4:04 PM Reply   
Check out Boardersbestbuy right now. Last years Zeus's for $150.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-12-2009, 10:58 PM Reply   
I had an old board that I ripped the bindings out of the board so many times I ran out of holes. I sent CWB pictures of the board and they offered to sell me any board at dealer cost. I got the Absolut Platinum. I wanted new bindings to go with the board so I got the CT Zeus. They gave me the bindings at dealer cost as well. I love the bindings, but more importantly I love the way CWB handled the situation.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-12-2009, 11:03 PM Reply   
cie riders wear socks in their cwb bindings. what does that tell you?

haha! just kidding fellahs!
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-13-2009, 6:19 AM Reply   
I thought wearing socks was about as nerdy as Reebok Pumps or Hypercolor in the fourth grade. And then I tried it.
The extra comfort and fact CT bindings are built to feel like sneakers; socks make sense. My feet are just between L and XL so throwing on a pair helps in that regard too. Now, how about some Hypercolor socks and pump bindings? Neon green please!