Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tmb)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-23-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
Im 6' 190lbs and currently use a Walzer alpha. I am a decent rider but can't seem to land any 360's with this. a buddy can do 3's all day on his old board but can't land them on mine either. Is there a better board out there for me? I was looking at the Phase 5 Drew but it says for "big wakes". I have a DD Air 216 that we weigh down pretty good but nothing like the enzo he surfs behind. Thanks for your help.
Old     (tmb)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-24-2008, 5:13 AM Reply   
any advice out there? I'm very anxious to get a new board. It's like Christmas!
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-24-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
I agree with you. I have the Walzer and I'm having a hard time landing any 3's. I actually come much closer to landing them on my Broadcast but the thing's too slow to ride it out. It seems that the board keeps getting caught up in the wake and pulled out from underneath me. Now I'm no expert on 3's or anything else but it does seem harder on the Walzer than I thought it would be. My thought is that because the board is so frickin light, it doesn't have the mass to cut through the wake as you're coming around and completing the turn. I don't know?!

I'm sure it would be easier on a skim board like the Drew. Not sure if your wake can push that board with your weight. If you're worried you could get the XL. I would think that if you can ride the Walzer well on your wake you could ride the Drew but I have no experience on the Drew. Good luck.
Old     (tmb)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-24-2008, 12:46 PM Reply   
I think you hit the nail on the head. I hope to hear from someone that has tried both the drew and walzer.

(Message edited by tmb on June 24, 2008)
Old     (libertylake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-24-2008, 2:08 PM Reply   
I personally really like the drew. Fast board and it spins quick. It is the closest I have come to a 360 by far. The only issue is; it spins tooo easy, so I wind up over rotating. Just takes a little while to get used to, but all around a great board for both airs and surface.
Old     (tmb)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-24-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
Dan
How bug are you and what boat do you surf?
Old     (libertylake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-25-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
I am 5'10" and around 200lbs, ride behind a 2008 X15 with not a ton of weight. I have ridden behind various boats (VLX, X2, X1, Bu 247) with the Drew and found the board is fast enough to handle small wakes and a blast for larger wakes.