Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Kevinbieber)      Join Date: May 2013       05-21-2014, 12:10 AM Reply   
Hey everybody I am going to try cable pretty soon (OWC) and if I like it I would want to get a new board that would work on both cable and boat, I have a 2012 time bomb and its been great for boat and I wish I could ride more boat but unfortunately I don't have one. I looked at slingshot and they seem like very good park boards and seem to have less boat capabilities I would like something more versatile because I like to have options and would prefer the board be flexible. I am looking at 2013 and 2012 boards because my budget is limited I would like the price to be under $340 if possible.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-21-2014, 2:10 AM Reply   
I am not sure who you talked to about Slingshot but they are great boat boards.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-21-2014, 4:18 AM Reply   
I ride boat only and ride a slingshot response and reflex. Knee savers, super light, and a fun playful board.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-21-2014, 5:53 AM Reply   
Kevin-

I was hesitant too, coming from a Ronix Viva, but I got a Slingshot Kine (2012) and it's been the best board I've ridden - park and boat. Very smooth, light, and fun to shred on!
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-21-2014, 7:11 AM Reply   
As others have said, Slingshots are fantastic for boat riding. I ride primarily boat but get to ride a cable about 5 times a year and I love my Slingshot Response on both!
Old     (Kevinbieber)      Join Date: May 2013       05-21-2014, 3:14 PM Reply   
Okay so its obvious that slingshot sounds like the way to go. What boards do you guys think are the most versatile I like the Hooke and Kine even the Recoil what would ride most like the the timebomb?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-21-2014, 7:00 PM Reply   
If you're looking for something that has a similar feel to the TimeBomb, you'd maybe want to look more towards the Ballistic series of boards… they're a little stiffer than your standard Slingshot so it may be easier (it's not terribly hard to move from one to the other) to get used to the new ride. By the time it breaks in and gets somewhat more flex, you're used to it anyway. It's also held up great at the cable and has done very well behind the boat. I wanted to go from having a handful of boards for every occasion to a daily driver and it worked out well in my case.

I came from a Ronix Viva and the Kine was a great fit for me. I love my 2012 and the graphics were KILLER. There's a handful of them out there on Ebay for around 300 bucks.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-21-2014, 7:01 PM Reply   
Most like the timebomb would be your three stage boards like the recoil and hooke. I think the hooke has the light built in channels which helps it track a little more. I personally would go with the recoil or the response. Both are great boards. The response is a continuous rocker. It has great pop though.
Old     (Kevinbieber)      Join Date: May 2013       05-22-2014, 2:03 PM Reply   
It looks like recoil is good there's a sale on evo right now
Thanks guys
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-22-2014, 2:55 PM Reply   
Watson Hybrid
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-22-2014, 3:56 PM Reply   
I've got a 2012 LF Peak Hybrid that I'll let you have for $100. It's in pretty good condition and you can check it out and demo it at OWC. Probably not the best boat board but a lot of people like it on the cable.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-22-2014, 5:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinbieber View Post
It looks like recoil is good there's a sale on evo right now
Thanks guys
Did you get it? If so, you made a wise choice. Welcome to the slingshot family. What bindings are you going with?
Old     (Dustfarter)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-22-2014, 6:14 PM Reply   
IMHO Slingshots are WAY overrated for boat riding. I'm a die hard SS fan for cable and currently own a Response but my boat board is a classic rigid board because it just works better. I would get a Hyperlite Union, Milkcart or Webb if I wanted a do it all board.
Old     (Kevinbieber)      Join Date: May 2013       05-23-2014, 12:43 PM Reply   
I haven't got it yet, but I have Ronix Cell boots that Ill use with it, should be fine for park right? and I guess the boat isn't as important because I have my time bomb but I would like having the option.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-23-2014, 2:01 PM Reply   
Hi Kevin, I ride the Cells for boat and cable. Great boots.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-23-2014, 2:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustfarter View Post
IMHO Slingshots are WAY overrated for boat riding. I'm a die hard SS fan for cable and currently own a Response but my boat board is a classic rigid board because it just works better. I would get a Hyperlite Union, Milkcart or Webb if I wanted a do it all board.
When you are approaching 30ish you will love the softness of the slingshot. With that being said, I have had the most die hard lf fan ride a slingshot and he had no complaints. It actually convinced him to pick up the super trip cause of it. To each their own but my loyalty will ride with slingshot till something better comes along. I am a board whore so I am never scared to try a new board.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-23-2014, 3:06 PM Reply   
I have dabbled with hybrid boards and its hard to find one thats soft enough to be flexy at the cable but still stiff enough to be able to boost on the boat.
I havent gotten a chance to ride my BP at the cable yet but so far I have loved it behind the boat.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-27-2014, 9:12 PM Reply   
Try a CTRL Supreme. Fins off for cable, fins on for boat. Awesome board