Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    jpbray            08-01-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
Everytime I try a crowmobe, it turn like this. What should I change to land the tricks?

http://207.139.55.193/crowmobe.htm
Old     (rimreaper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-01-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
i've never done this trick, but i can c ur not doing a full 360. Ur upper torso is doing the spin, but ur board isn't. Maybe concentrate more on the spin. Ur pretty close.
Old    alanp            08-01-2006, 9:31 PM Reply   
i dont wanna pretend to know how to do this trick however it seems like the line tension is causing you to slip out? possibly more of a tug on the rope with your left hand will create slack and will create a little more time to pass the handle or establish your landing and get in a better blind position. you look pretty damn close good luck
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-01-2006, 9:38 PM Reply   
I too have not yet to land that, but from what I have read you want to take it more toward that boat rather than raley style. A lot of riders can throw the scarecrow with a more laid out raleyish look; which is one way to skin a cat. But according to the instruction I have read its a bad habit to get into because the rope tension is too much to get all the way around (for a crow mobe as well as tootsie rolls), which is what appears to be your problem IMHO. It looks like that last 10 degree is too much line tension to get the rotation. Since you are regular try taking them more forward over your left shoulder.

Let me know how it works out, this was another trick I was looking at guinea pigging out.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-02-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
I think I am the first person riding in that can do this trick. I must say you are very close and I was at that point for a long time before landing it. I do the trick holding on with two hand not going for the grab. Two things that I would work on is 1) Stand really tall off the top of the wake. You are pretty hunched off the top of the wake. You will land in the same position you leave the wake. When I take off the wake I push my chest to the sky so that I am really tall. 2) The next thing I would suggest is rotating the last 180 really late. THis is the major problem I had on the trick is that I was rotating to early and falling on my butt. THe later you rotate the more you will be able to get over your toes and stick the trick. One last tip too is to make sure you can do really good toeside 3s landing wrapped. You can do everything right but if you can't ride wrapped it is not going to matter. Good luck you are really close. Crow mobe is probably my favorite trick to do along with huge heelside 5s. Good luck, Mike
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-03-2006, 1:26 PM Reply   
Here is a video of one. It's certainly not a real good example as Chris totally misses the grab and completely sketchs the landing. But I think you'll see the major difference is he doesn't have to deal with the line tension you have in your example, That let's him keep the handle in tight to his back and allows him to not get pulled off the back edge completely until he can get it passed.

http://homepage.mac.com/rd4tile/FileSharing7.html
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-24-2006, 9:15 PM Reply   
It looks like you're letting go of the handle almost before you even leave the wake. If you don't grab the board and let go with your front hand immediately, you're going to be really stretched out, making it really difficult to land it with that much line tension. Either grab method, nose, etc., or hold on with two hands for the first half of the trick.

Ill second standing up straighter on your cut. This will prevent you from having to cut quite as hard, and will give you more vertical pop with less tension. Make sure your toe 3's are pretty solid too.

As far as landing wrapped being necessary... When I do them, I grab method and I always pass the handle right as I'm landing - I've never landed one wrapped, although many find it easier.

Good luck.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-05-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
that looks great... i wouldnt be suprised it you landed it your next time out..
Old     (wakeboardtrainer)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-05-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Takeoff is on your toes. So landing should be on your toes. Heel landings give the slide & turn effect. You should land bendover on your toes.
Further it is like you are keep looking behind & down to the wake where you land When the spot is sighted look in the flight direction.

Dont forget, send video when its done
Old     (timmylikewake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-05-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
I agree with the standing tall. I am not a crow mober, but I might have some insight. On my front rolls, if I go in hunched I skip out. If I stand tall, I land on my toeside edge. The other thing I noticed is that you dont flip your wrist when u rotate the last backside 180. Since its not rotated, that lets your handle come away from your body. If you watch The Book, they always say "bring your hips into the handle". Rotate your wrist and bring that handle to your front hip. Man I hope I can do this trick someday.