Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    o_o            02-12-2005, 5:05 PM Reply   
there prityy darn expensive 50k for a 22f boat thats a bit much if you ask me.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-12-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
Work!!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-12-2005, 5:13 PM Reply   
Are you sure you even want to start that discussion. If you can afford, thats fine, if you cant thats fine also. But dont start a discussion that has been beaten to death...
There are plenty of reason why these boats cost the way they do, but like I said before this discussion has been beaten to a pulp already

P.S. Do you even own a boat???
Old    walt            02-12-2005, 5:31 PM Reply   
Iain, I'm sure that 50k seems like a lot of money at the age of 16 but it's probably as simple as some people are more fortunate than others and like Big Ed said most work very hard to pay for their boats , cars homes etc and we all have different priority's with are money.

Kevin, Why are you flaming someone that is new and has no idea how many times this question has been asked ? Not cool at all IMO
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-12-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
consider the source of the proposal.... the guy is 16 !!!!!
Old    walt            02-12-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
Speaking of high dollar boats....Mike yours is SICK!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-12-2005, 5:52 PM Reply   
thanks....have u seen kevins x-star ????

which bring up a valid point...there will always be more $$$$...

a lot depends on your lifestyle and budget... i know people who have sport cars, boat, mx motorcycles, and other pricey toys (God bless them they have done well)
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-12-2005, 5:55 PM Reply   
OK. Ok.
I didnt catch the fact that he is only 16 and
also didnt catch that he is new to the site.
I guess I jumped the gun a little. Didnt mean to offend anyone reading this post.

Thanks mike. Love your SV211 also..

(Message edited by big x-star on February 12, 2005)
Old    walt            02-12-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
Mike, Kevins X-star looks really nice too.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-12-2005, 6:04 PM Reply   
OK.. heres something a little more constructive.
In the words of my girlfriend(shes a school teacher), "STAY IN SCHOOL". Then you can achieve anything, and someday be able to buy all the toys
you want.
Old    walt            02-12-2005, 6:10 PM Reply   
Kevin. props to you !

Iain, If you ever get the chance to board behind one of these high end boats you probably won't ever ask the question again.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-12-2005, 6:24 PM Reply   
kevins x-star ROCKS (props to kevin !!!)

if i can add to kevins words of wisdom...

do the absolute best you can do/be and you will be successful to have the TIME to enjoy the toys...

really ironic most people dont have time to enjoy the toys..

the brand of boat really doesnt matter that much... it's the quality of people you ride with that makes wake boarding so friggin great-80% of your time is spent in the boat (props to kevin, joe ,antbug, ed, keith, daniel, eric, tyler, geoff, jeff)

(Message edited by clubmyke on February 12, 2005)
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-12-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
It's all about priorities. It's easy if you don't have a wife, girlfriend, kids, $40K truck, etc.. to suck up your $$$.

Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-12-2005, 6:44 PM Reply   
Couldn't have said it better myself mike..
Nice!!

Thanks for the kind words Mike..and PROPS TO MIKE ALSO!!!
Old    walt            02-12-2005, 6:55 PM Reply   
Mike said....really ironic most people dont have time to enjoy the toys..

That is so true and sad !
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-12-2005, 7:04 PM Reply   
Hey...Mike said My name!...hahaha, thanks man, the people and spending time with your buds is definitely one of the best things about this sport.

Iain, It is better to have a friend with a sweet boat...just be cool about it, pitch in for gas, help with clean up, bring drinks, and remember...it costs money to get the boat to the lake, it costs money for you to ride on it, and it costs money to get the boat home. Gas is expensive...especially in CA. Other than that I reccomend you start studying for your SAT...and/or start buying lottery tickets.

(Message edited by agfan12 on February 12, 2005)
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-12-2005, 9:27 PM Reply   
daniel...why are you surprised ? dude, you got the "wife" approval going for you big time....

props to blake also !!! he also passed the wife aprroval too (she is a very astute judge of character and a wicked sharp 6th sense(it is scary, i cant get away with anything)

iain, what daniel said is true - the best boat is a friend / neighbor who owns one...just enjoy the ride you have and help out when you go out with others.

btw, my wife has been really cool about me traveling during the week and then going out on the weekends from morning to evening knowing that i be tired when i get home (should i be worried about this ???)

btw daniel, was your significant other okay with the last saturday run at elsie ?

(Message edited by clubmyke on February 12, 2005)
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-12-2005, 10:41 PM Reply   
damn, i thought somebody was going to suggest as group hug!

anyway, you dont have to have 50K to own a boat. BTW is there a tower on your bayliner? (which is an '05) I had 10K and I own a boat that kicks ass and I love it. so trade in your bayliner on 95 MC Maristar toss a tower on it, plumb in some ballast.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-13-2005, 12:15 AM Reply   
Mike, Mary had a great time, and for the first time suggested that she come out again sometime...definitely a first...that and she LOVED your boat.

Yeah...for some reason mothers and wives like me...what can I say? "Well, I got that goin' for me...which is nice"
Old     (nawakwa1)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-13-2005, 3:33 AM Reply   
Hello,
I live in Canada where a 50K boat ends up costing us around 80K.
A fully loaded X-Star in Canada is 100K!!!

How's that for a sob story !!
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-13-2005, 7:11 AM Reply   
http://www.mastercraft.co.uk/pre-owned-main.htm

Check this link to Mastercraft UK you need $60,000 for a five year old X Star.

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON GAS PRICES
Old    o_o            02-13-2005, 12:12 PM Reply   
thanks for the pointers and ya i am sixteen but ever since i got into wakeboarding all i think about is getting a good job so i can get a wb boat. and yes my bayliner does have a tower on it and its a really fun boat
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-14-2005, 7:52 AM Reply   
Alot of money yes, but it is a sport of $$$. I am involved in two high $$$ sports, priority if first. Old school boat works fine for one. Like i told my 14 year old. First buy your truck..pay it off and then buy your boat. As long as you stay either in school or get a good job and stay out of trouble you can stay home rent free. When all is payed off, then you move out. I'm finely looking for a newer boat...and i'm 50.
Old    o_o            02-14-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
i dont wont to use my rents like that i cant live with hem 4 ever once im have a job im out after colledege
Old     (lawndude)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2005, 3:48 PM Reply   
word to the wise... learn to spell, Iain!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-14-2005, 3:54 PM Reply   
right on clubmyke. Share the love!
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-14-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
Iain,

"prityy darn expensive" ???

I would say boats are more than that. There priceless.
I say this becuase IMO there's no better way to spend the day with family and friends than on a nice boat. Age brings wisdom and usually $$$$. With any luck and hard work you'll get more of both and one day you'll be singing the same tune that many of the folks on this thread are humming. This includes me obviously. I just dropped an obscene amount of money on a fully loaded CC 05 SV211 Team Edition and I'm feeling good about it.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-14-2005, 5:34 PM Reply   
Hey Tyler, nice to see you Posting. Was wondering how you were doing. Get that Bad boy SV yet?
P.S. Very Nicely put about the idea and the ideas behind being "Priceless".

(Message edited by big x-star on February 14, 2005)
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2005, 6:31 PM Reply   
i'm there with tyler.... they are priceless..

we(wife & me) got into boating because of my sister-in-law last summer. we had such a good time with the kids, family, friends at san-v last summer with his sea-ray.

i have never a activity bring people together so easily, we were living for the weekend so we could go out again.

in fact, i believe in it so much that we bought a boat so more people can go out. we kinda overbought our first boat(was told it is better to buy your 2nd boat the first time. i blew the budget).

i dont regret it for a second. it is the best workout and stress relief that i have experienced. (the best part it is a group/family/friends/ individual activity...kinda hard to find)

is it time for a group huge yet ??

(Message edited by clubmyke on February 14, 2005)
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-15-2005, 7:37 AM Reply   
Kevin,

It's so close I can taste it! The new boat arrived last Monday and the crew at M20 started rigging almost immediately. They were just about done on Friday with the stereo and a few exceptions. If the weather holds I could have her home by Thursday. If so, rain or no rain I will be breaking in my new baby. I'm waiting till everything gets finalized before posting pics and inviting you all out. Look for invites soon!

-Tyler
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-15-2005, 7:44 AM Reply   
BIG congrats dude!!!! I know the feeling.. Its like being a kid at christmas again.. , but damn these presents are alot better...LOL...
Again huge congrats dude...