Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-31-2007, 3:47 AM Reply   
Hi guys! What your rules for boating do you have? In particular till what time it is allowed to ride on wakeboard? And what international rules it is argued? Some links or texts? We just have some problems with our water police. They said - after 10pm riding is bun!
Thanks for any comments.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-31-2007, 5:22 AM Reply   
just no riding after dusk.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       05-31-2007, 5:46 AM Reply   
30 min before sunrise until 30 min after sunset are legal riding hours in Texas.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-31-2007, 6:06 AM Reply   
If the police have told you not to ride, why even argue? The police are not your friends, and carry guns...respect and listen to them, not argue.
Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-31-2007, 6:10 AM Reply   
I second Sam
you are only asking for it!
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-31-2007, 6:22 AM Reply   
Understand you Sam. But our police lil different than yours. Not all, but many. Money - thats all that they thinkin about. Our cops will see - youve got a new boat, new stuff, and they think - you are rich! If you pay them after - you can ride all night long. Our cops is easy corruptible. But if you know the rules - you dont care about it.

(Message edited by borka on May 31, 2007)
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-31-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
Where are you located? I can do a search & try to find your boating laws.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-31-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
Jory, he lives in Russia....
Old    bocephus            05-31-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   

quote:

By Sam (wake1823) on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 6:06 am:

If the police have told you not to ride, why even argue? The police are not your friends, and carry guns...respect and listen to them, not argue.

WHAT??

Always question authority, without someone to question authority they become tyrants. It's We the People, not the police who are the ones in authority. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
Old     (bryant_rider)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
i live on a channel with locks so after the locks close...6:00? maybe...you can do whatever
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-31-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
No dice on the internet. I'm guessing it's because I have Russian filtered out.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-31-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
Bocephus...you ever been to jail, not gen pop but in a holding cell over nite or for a few days?

once you go a few times you'll stop arguing.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
You dont question authority in Russia. You'll end up eating bread out of a porta pot jail cell and trying to scrub the red spot off of Gorbachevs head for the rest of your life.
Old    bocephus            05-31-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   

quote:

By Sam (wake1823) on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 8:18 am:

Bocephus...you ever been to jail, not gen pop but in a holding cell over nite or for a few days?

once you go a few times you'll stop arguing.

No, not yet, but I am sure that I will sooner or later. Oh, wait, I have a bulldog for a lawyer and am pretty good at making an argument. I think I'm about 19/20 on the winning side in court though.

I wouldn't mind the jail time, hell it's in the family blood. My point is that just because some guy has a badge it doesn't make him right. If you are going to argue you should know the law yourself and not be an idiot. I carry a laminated copy of the boating laws here in Arizona in my boat and know the law.

The minute that we stop questioning authority is the minute that our democracy goes into the toilet! We should all care about what's going on around us, why it's going on, how we can change the things that we think are wrong.

Rant over...how about a picture of me looking stupid...

Upload
Old    bocephus            05-31-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   

quote:

By Billy (woreout) on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 8:24 am:

You dont question authority in Russia. You'll end up eating bread out of a porta pot jail cell and trying to scrub the red spot off of Gorbachevs head for the rest of your life.

Ya, I know, that's why I question it here, so we don't become like Russia.

(Message edited by bocephus on May 31, 2007)
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
Bocletus, it doesnt seem like you had to try to hard to look stupid.
Old     (fuzzball)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
Bocephus is right, you should know the law. But remember, in most states, you have no right to argue with law enforcement while they are doing their job, even if you end up being right in court. If an officer gives you a ticket or arrests you, even if they end up being wrong, it is a separate charge of "Obstructing a Police Officer" if you try to do anything. Know the law, but be respectful and you generally won't have a problem with law enforcement.
Old    bocephus            05-31-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   

quote:

By Billy (woreout) on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 10:43 am:

Bocletus, it doesnt seem like you had to try to hard to look stupid.

Yup, you are correct sir! Just remember:
Appearances are often deceiving.

-Aesop

Billy,
You do know that this forum has a spell check option, correct?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-31-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
I agree whole heartedly with Bocephus on this. Those that do not question authority nor work to defend our freedoms should thank those who do. Our forefathers fought and gave their lives to make this country what it is, it would be a spit in the face to not defend what they gave their lives for. Do you pay taxes? If so you have paid to have your voice heard, you are part of this country and need to start acting like it! As an NRA member I can tell you that the police DO NOT know all the laws, regardless of what they claim!

Just take a look over at the disco bay thread which is in the infancy of a similar situation. Without activists informing the masses about future laws and creating a fight; you may loose another place to ride! Its pretty much the same mentality as those who are questioning Bocephus' plight.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
Yase I dew but thaght jus wases tyme.
Bosyphilis do you workout?
Old    bocephus            05-31-2007, 1:11 PM Reply   
Yes and no, as I have told you before tough guy, I currently do work out. After several concurrent cycles of chemotherapy within the last couple of years I am pretty weak and know it. At least I'm not that fat. You can also ask any of my crew, no one, I mean no one goes as hard as I do. I have the very best crashes ever, but keep going. If I land or crash I am still having the best time ever...

I ain't good lookin', but I got guts!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
Sounds like you need to borrow my name, (woreout). Cuz if you aint woreout yet, your definately on your way. I am.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-31-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
Bocephus and Matt - Amen
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-31-2007, 11:39 PM Reply   
"My point is that just because some guy has a badge it doesn't make him right. If you are going to argue you should know the law yourself and not be an idiot. I carry a laminated copy of the boating laws here in Arizona in my boat and know the law.
The minute that we stop questioning authority is the minute that our democracy goes into the toilet! We should all care about what's going on around us, why it's going on, how we can change the things that we think are wrong."

-Men! Bocephus, youre right at 100%!!! Full agree with your opinion! You must dont be afraid the cops. If you dont understand something in the rules, you can ask they to give you explanation. Coz its they job! And you all the citizens of your DEMOCRATIC country! Dont forget about that. Everybody must know the lows. Your knowledge is yours power.
Yesterday i will check our local boat rules. -
http://www.gims.ru/zakon/pravila/Pravila_10_Navigation_Domestic_waterway.html#227.% 20Исполüзование%20водных%20лыж%20и%20гидроциклов (sorry its only rus version) They said - you can pull the rider after 1 hour after sunshine.
Thanks everyboby for the help.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-01-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
thats a big problem with our society. too many folks bend over when confronted with ANYTHING.

Agreed Bocephus, Matt. stand up for yourself. they're working for us too.
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-01-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
Fuzzball is exactly right. I have been a Police Officer for 18 years and I don't get paid to argue with you on the street, lake, or wherever. I do my arguing in court where it should be done. I have no problem with you defending yourself in a court of law, thats where the arguing is done.

And yes....I have been wrong numerous times in my career. No one person could ever approach complete knowledge on every aspect of every law.