Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-31-2009, 6:24 PM Reply   
I got my new Co. Recruit last weekend and I have been flexing it on the carpet to get the feel for it and the boots, do these boards ever break or get worn out by doing this? Or is there something I should avoid doing on it?
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-31-2009, 6:54 PM Reply   
Yes they will break in. Shouldnt wear it out or anything. My recoil was really stiff when I got it and after like 2 sets it got a lot easier to flex. It still rebounds, its just a little bit softer. Snowboards do the same thing. I know I have done the carpet thing once or twice when I first got it and heard a few (cough cough)popping sounds lol. I quit playing with it at that point. But I think they really just have to be broken in a little bit. It certainly isnt a wet noodle though in snowboard lingo.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-31-2009, 7:41 PM Reply   
My first recoil was used hard for like 2 years... still popped great after all that.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-31-2009, 7:44 PM Reply   
Should I avoid balancing on the tip of the board on the ground?
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-31-2009, 8:19 PM Reply   
Probably... i just dont see it being very healthy for the wakeboard