Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-10-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
I’ve got a pair of LaunchPad 725s. There are two water bed type fittings on the ends and a “Link System” fitting on the top of each bag. I want to connect these LaunchPads to my built in ballast system. I attempted to buy fittings on line but ended up with a total mismatch.

I’m looking for a fitting that mates to the water bed fitting and terminates with a hose barb and I’m looking for the elusive Link System mating connector. Does any body know where to get these parts or have a solution that works?
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-10-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
If you just want a waterbed to hose barb go to any hardware store and get a 3/4 hose to hose barb (5/8 or 3/4 depending on your hose diameter). Water bed fittings are made to screw onto a water hose. I'm not sure where to buy the link system fittings.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-10-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
The Waterbed fitting on the LaunchPad is about 1 inch. Nothing at Lowes mates to the water bed fitting. I took the water bed cap in to Lowes and tried it on everything in the plumbing department.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-11-2006, 1:57 AM Reply   
Maybe they have changed the size. I had 6 in my previous boat, bought all of the connectors at Lowes. Does the waterbed fitting still screw onto your water hose?

Are we talking about opposite ends? The fitting on the sack side is different. I never found a plumbing part to fit the sack (other than the waterbed fitting).
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-11-2006, 4:48 AM Reply   
The two water bed fittings on the sack are what I would classify as male fittings, a cylinder with threads on the outside. A female cap with threads on the inside hold a plug in place. The cap is just a little too small to fit 1-inch pipe thread. Both of these fittings are much bigger than a water hose connector.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-12-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
Anyone?
Old     (tjdunn)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-12-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
Have you tried a plumbing wholesale house? (Not a Home Depot) You may have to mix and match. Maybe brass to plastic?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-14-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
I’ve been working with the vendor that I bought the Launch Pads from, here's the story from the vendor. Straight Line makes the Launch Pad Brand Sacks. On top of the sack is a “Link System” quick disconnect fill connector, on two opposing ends there are two waterbed connectors. The only way to buy a Link System Connector is to buy a Straight Line Uber pump. If you stack up a series of connectors you can mate the sack’s water bed fittings to a built in drain system.

The vendor is working with me to return my unused Launch Pads and replace them with Fly High Fat Sacks.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-14-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
Ed,
You can go to Lowe's and get a 1" hosebarb and shove it in your LP opening. When I had those bags I did that and then taped and hoseclamped it together. It's a more permanent connection as you may not be able to put the end caps back in after doing this, but it is a very solid connection. The fittings can be found in the water irrigation systems area (not garden hose area) and are Sch. 40 PVC. You can pretty much mix and match those fittings to get to anything you need.

Ohh wait...I have pictures!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-14-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
My vendor is willing to give me credit on return for Fly High sack, I think I'm going to go that way.

You're write up on your ballast system is very impressive - nice job.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-14-2006, 8:48 PM Reply   
Bigshow,
Thanks for the compliment. Did you see the portion of my thread regarding the Fly High sac fittings? You can buy the ones they offer, or rig something up like I did. No problems so far with mine.

http://www.wakesiderides.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17225&st=20
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-15-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
If you ever make it up to Griggs in Columbus I'd like to see your set up.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-15-2006, 5:51 PM Reply   
Bigshow,
No problem. You can count on seeing us up there!
P