Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (mudsurfer)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-12-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
Here is my new V215 from start to finish, I am stoked can't wait till summer!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Old     (spelsh)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-12-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
i'm jealous! Nice boat
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-12-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
Awesome Boat. I really like the Sanger emblem.
Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
Very Nice Scott!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-12-2006, 6:52 PM Reply   
Wow, that is awesome. New graphics and interior? Do you anymore interior shots?
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-12-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
sick!! put not too sure on the rear platform,that thing is gonna get scratched to all heck.
Old    mendo247            03-12-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
awesome man! i love the interior, the guage bezels and black looks killer..tight boat..
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-12-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
The all black is sweeet.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-12-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
Nice boat! I dig everything about Sangers but their decals -- sorry, its been this way for me for years.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-12-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
And the low sides and humped decks......
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-12-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
You just can't beat a black boat!
Nice looking Sanger!
Sangers have come a long way in the last couple of years. No more 80's boxy look!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-12-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
The 215 doesn't have the low sides or the humped motor box, but I do agree with you about the 210. Still, the wake rocks.
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-12-2006, 8:30 PM Reply   
Thatr is so cool that you could get pics of the whole build! Congrats on the new ride, and it looks frickin awesome!

dg
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-12-2006, 8:33 PM Reply   
Conrats, Sweet boat. My buddy that live down the street from me has a V215 and he loves it. Great pictures.
Brannon
Old     (keith_jones)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-12-2006, 9:45 PM Reply   
Looks Good.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-12-2006, 9:55 PM Reply   
Just teasing Dane!
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-12-2006, 10:03 PM Reply   
Welcome to the Sanger Owner's Club! Hope to see you at the next reunion (official or otherwise). If this is your first Sanger, you will love it. Congrats!

P.S. There isn't really a Sanger Owner's Club... but there should be
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-13-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
lovin the all black...
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-13-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
NICE!

I like the SS rub rail & Sanger logo - clean boat bro!
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-13-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
Great boat, I happy that Sanger finally started offering a fiberglass swim platform
Old     (mudsurfer)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-13-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the input I will try and post some more pics on the upholstery. the swim platform is not finished i need to replace the non skid so it will go all the way to the lip, Hope to see all of you at Sping Ride
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-13-2006, 4:17 PM Reply   
Hey Scott, is that decal another 06 option that know one knows about. Thats the first time ive seen that one. Looks sick. Sanger really needs to update there website.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-13-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
They are working on their website. The only thing that's been updated is the color option tool.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-13-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
sick boat welcome to the family!!
Old     (mudsurfer)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-13-2006, 9:42 PM Reply   
Steve, that graphic is a prototype for 2007,and yes they need to update that website
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-13-2006, 11:04 PM Reply   
Hey scott, in that last picture is the trailer hooked up to the hitch or is Sanger just on it, in regards to balancing the load?

Edit: nevermind, it must be on the hitch otherwise people would be pulling wheelies hopping out by going off the platform.

(Message edited by liquidmx on March 13, 2006)
Old     (fasfeat)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-14-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
To all interested, These new things are prototype pre-production items. The black deck is very difficult to do, as it shows scratches more than a lighter color, it gets very hot and will be an upcharge if we dicide to do it. The logo on the side of the boat may be available at model year if it is well excepted, please give us your opinion. The plateform is available at this time from your local dealer. The interior is not available at this time and is under design review. Sanger boats is allways looking for ways to build more attractive models and this is how we get it done. Thanks for your imput!
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-14-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
Scott! This is the first time I have ever seen you post. Good to see you!

BTW, I love the new logo.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-14-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
I think the new logo looks pretty good, and in my opinion you should offer solid color decks as options. Most people who order a black gelcoat top deck know what they are getting themselves into, and it looks absolutely sick.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-14-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
Hey Scott since you offered to want some input, how about makeing the 210 deep enough to have a flat sundeck. Dont get me wrong, I love my v210 but if there was one thing I would change it would be that. If you guys could do that I would sell mine and get the new one. Until then Ill keep rockin mine.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-14-2006, 5:25 PM Reply   
Me too. Make a new taller deck for the V210, allow stainless rubrail and offer the 6.2MX. I like the new interior and decals. Very nice. Ta.
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-14-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
nice boat! it makes me excited about my new 210. should be here in a week or so! can't wait!
Old     (fasfeat)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-15-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
Thanks for the comments, I will look into these ideas for future production. Let me ask you all a question. Is it better in your opionion to have hard tanks for ballast or soft tanks? Soft tanks or fat sacks fit into areas better in production and are less of a problem these day. Thanks, SP
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-15-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
Although I don't own a Sanger, let me say the boat and graphic looks great.

In regards to the soft vs. hard ballast, I'm definetly partial to the soft ballast, or use of bags..for a few reasons:

1-Interchangeability-You could upgrade the size and keep factory plumbing.
2-No need for gauges-You don't need gauges (another thing that could malfunction) to see how full they are.
3-Storage-If hard tanks are full or not, they are still taking up storage (not applicable to sub floor ballast systems).
4-Sub floor hard tanks-Could be a nightmare in the future to access and work on and/or replace.
5-Cost-perhaps with the headache gone at the factory when eliminating hard tanks, some of the cost savings could be passed on to the consumer.

I think that's all I have. Good to see a Sanger employee on here.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-15-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
Hey scott, what about a hybrid (I want the royalties for this idea, lol). Make the bottom piece a solid portion of a hard tank and the top flexible like a soft bag. That way there arent any issues with emptying and fillig those things since the bottom wouldnt move much. I thik most people's number 1 complaint is having to keep an eye on soft tanks and not just shut them off when the venting of water occurs. Usually they move and end up kinking hose etc. By having a hard bottom with maybe a 2" lip that is fused to a material like the pro x bags you could have the best of both worlds. Plus you could form the bottom piece to wrap over or around the emptying pump that is underneath/in the corner of the bag.

Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-15-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
Personally, I prefer the hard tanks. Since we NEVER ride without ballast I would rather know how much storage space I have beforehand, rather than having to rearrange things once the sacs are full. Also, it seems to me that having a fat sac in the same area as storage leaves opportunity for something to poke a hole in it.

I'm sure Tate will have a different opinion.
Old    stillstandin            03-15-2006, 9:19 AM Reply   
I agree with Renee. Hard tanks are the way to go. I have a family of four, storage is a big deal. With the hard tanks, I can fill them, and dont have to worry about things sitting on top of sacks, poking a hole. etc

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
Hi Scott, Personally I think bags are a bit mickey mouse and a step backwards. What I would really like to see would be flat tanks in the rear which create a false floor for the rear locker and extend slightly into the seating area bringing the weight forward a bit more. A tank in the front underfloor and an option for a bow rider tank like the VLX has.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-15-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
Hard Tanks all the way
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-15-2006, 1:26 PM Reply   
Hey Scott. I agree with Renee. I like hard tanks a lot. We never ride with them empty.

Henderson: Your a pimp for going all black. When we gonna take that thing out and slam it.
Old     (goth2o)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-15-2006, 3:52 PM Reply   
God do I miss my Sanger...

SCOTT please bring your dealers out to Florida!!!!

How is Adam doing @ mission marine in Paso Robles?

About the tanks... Soft is good for so many reasons. You can upgrade, yeah they might leak etc, but like the VLX tank in the center ballast, if a plastic seam breaks...how do you fix it? the access door is tiny. So many companies are trying to be so different...go with what works, I dont need carpeted ballast tanks with sensor's and lights and bling...you know what works....WEIGHT.....

did I say I missed my Beautiful Blue Sanger v-210,my wooden boat that rots...lol

Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-15-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
We don't have gauges(Bling) on our hard tanks. When they pump water out the side they are full. That is what I like about Sanger. They make a quality boat first! Bling comes second. BTW for me, hard tanks all the way. Same reasons as my wife (Renee).
Old     (mudsurfer)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-15-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
Even, Got to keep the pimp hand strong. Hit me up I'm down whenever
Old    stillstandin            03-15-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
The biggest downfall of Supra (IMO) is no hard tanks. It would suck looking for a place to put an anchor when you have all bags.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-15-2006, 7:43 PM Reply   
Soft tanks only if you could keep them under the floor(or hard tanks designed correctly), easy to get to (like the false floor idea), or even under the floor from the rear of the boat to about the cooler area, have an access panel for easy maintance when required, use the framing idea so they don't move around on you, still use the over flow so no need for extra guages. From the back of the boat have the sacks run deeper and as you appraoch the front taper off.

A rough idea because I don't have access to my personal computer I can't upload pics but think of how a sub uses ballast to sink, and boat could do the same if you put a little thought into it. Look at how much space is not used under the floor of our boats.

Heres a radical idea, think wedge now think hydrofoil, put it somewhere between the gorilla fins and the prop, make it hydrolic so that it pops out of the bottom when you want the huge wake (and retracts completely when not needed) of the hull to pull the boat deeper into the water. it wouldnt need to be all that big, run that deep, could be adjustable for the ridder, just need to creat a reinforment design for the hull.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-15-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
Kenny, you just made our boats cost $5,000 more to make.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-16-2006, 5:42 AM Reply   
One thing to remember about soft tanks these days (like what Supra/Moomba use), is they are not the same material of the old fat sacs. They are very thick. I've filled them up with boards/fins on top of them and never had a problem. Also, when they're full, they spit out, just like hard tanks.

Craig-trust me, there's so many places to put an anchor in a 21V you'll forget where it is! lol

Old    wakestyle            03-16-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
oh yea... that is one sweet boat.

I'm going crazy waiting it get out on the water. Crazy I tell you!

p.s. Craig, what's up man. Rick here, black w/ yellow flames V215, we hooked up for a few at Pedro last season.

(Message edited by wakestyle on March 16, 2006)
Old    stillstandin            03-16-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
Rick whats up, hope life has been good. Well have to get together sometime this summer at Pedro.

Naw..hope I didnt offend you, I think Supra is a great boat, It was between that and Sanger....Just think they should do hard tanks.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-16-2006, 1:16 PM Reply   
sorry renee but I have the spare time right now with nothing to do up here but dream, ya it would be a little more at first but the price should equlize a little with not having the hard tanks and doing in on all the sanger boats.

its not like they would actually use any of my crazy ideas
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-16-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
I still say the future of wake boats won't include ballast tanks. I'm sure that it'll be some type of water diverting device that takes over. It's so much more practical and safer allowing the boat to sit high when idle and pull down into the water on plane. Just wait.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-16-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
BTW, I know Malibu already does this and the wedge is effective, but cobby. I think someone can do a better job and keep it out of the way of the running gear.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-18-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
Scott P;

You know my stand point on the Hard tanks, They take up to much room currently in the design Sanger has. My sac's hold 150lb more per side and once I finish installing the hard top cover (Similar to Supra's) I will not have any issues of poping a sac. I would like hard tanks but they need to be designed diffrently.

Scott H.

Good choice on the color, I am glad you finally decided, She looks sweet and I like the interior, So did you go with the hard tanks?? I was hoping to do some plumbing to curl that surf wake for ya...
Old     (mudsurfer)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-20-2006, 10:28 AM Reply   
Thanks Gary, I did go with the hard tanks, See if your guy can build me some larger one's and give me a call at the store.

thank's Scott