Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Thunderman)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-30-2012, 4:04 PM Reply   
Picking up my new boat tomorrow but I need a good wakeboard rope. Recs?
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-30-2012, 4:10 PM Reply   
I'm not a huge fan of the coated lines so I like something like this
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-30-2012, 4:28 PM Reply   
No disrespect Brian, but I have had nothing but good luck with coated lines. When they first came out they sucked, but now they don't fray out like they used to. I am using an 80 foot ronix mainline, but all companies make good ropes, personally i would go coated, but that is just my two cents. Lines from Accurate, Ronix, Follow, Liquid Force and many others are great lines to look at. Coated or not, as long as you stay away from stretch line you will be a ok.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-30-2012, 5:02 PM Reply   
Oh none taken man. I just can't stand any of them. Just personal opinion
Old     (TBell)      Join Date: May 2011       04-30-2012, 5:14 PM Reply   
I've never had an issue with any of the mid range to high end ropes Straight Line pus out. Even the handles are a great quality and don't get shredded up in a season. Check em' out for sure!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-30-2012, 5:51 PM Reply   
Accurate A line - da best
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-30-2012, 6:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Hooke102 View Post
No disrespect Brian, but I have had nothing but good luck with coated lines. When they first came out they sucked, but now they don't fray out like they used to. I am using an 80 foot ronix mainline, but all companies make good ropes, personally i would go coated, but that is just my two cents. Lines from Accurate, Ronix, Follow, Liquid Force and many others are great lines to look at. Coated or not, as long as you stay away from stretch line you will be a ok.
I use a Ronix 80' main also. I am very happy with it. I have the yellow one and it is easy to see for the driver and does not sink. The coating is also easy to slide through your hand while getting the handle back.
Old     (lalh20)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-30-2012, 7:21 PM Reply   
Gotta step in because i'm shocked nobody else has said it!

no knocks on all the big companies out there but for the cost you can't beat this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIRHEAD-SPEC...item2313cc98a1.

It's the kwik tec spectra coated mainline. everyone else can pitch in on what feature they like that this one doesn't have if there are any but seriously, ropes shouldn't cost 100+. I have a brand new liquid force rope I bought last year and I used the airhead more, no reason because they're both the same. The airhead is just the one i'm used to getting out now.

Also, the handle is well worth the money and others don't include it. I agree that once you get really good you can justify getting really picky on handles but this one's good enough anyone can use it in any skill range, and it's more comfortable than my high end ones I own. When you get to doing 720's etc, sure, you might finally be able to justify a wider, handle or something more custom...but most of your friends won't know the difference.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-01-2012, 3:11 AM Reply   
I use an accurate X-Line with a Chamois handle, I love it.
I perfer coated lines because they slide through your hand without burning or tearing while you are being picked up.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-01-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
i like coated too.
it seems easier to coil too.
i have used only accurate and proline and i prefer accurate because it seems stiffer which makes removing rope sections easier... but some don't like it being stiffer.

it was pointed out once in another thread that straigt line has a 50' mainline which is shorter for most, giving you many length options. Follow has this too and maybe one or two other companies
Old    kx250frider617            05-01-2012, 11:08 AM Reply   
Im using the Ronix R8 and handle in white. It's my first coated line and I like it way more than the regular. It was funny because the first time I went to throw it out into the water, it slipped outta my hand and only landed 5 feet from the boat. I also use it in a harbor that salt water and it seems like it doesn't pick up sea weed as easily.