Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    pimpdaddygrady            08-19-2002, 7:28 PM Reply   
if u havent already figured it out by now...i really suck. this my second year wakeboardin and i've been wakeboardin longer than n e of my friends. well i still cant clear the wake...the only tricks i can do are indys, roastbeefs, and boardslides. and can only get about 2 foot of air. my friends are doin a ****load better than man...one of em has already landed a tantrum and is workin on a backroll...i guess i just wasnt meant 2 b a wakeboarder but o well sucks 2 b me...i just needed 2 get that off my chest...later
Old     (davidbouvier)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-20-2002, 4:38 AM Reply   
That's the wrong attitude, man.
if you're not clearing the wake, It's you're approach and pop. Next time out,cut out maybe ten feet. You should be able to clear the wake at only 5 feet with the correct technique. slow progressive cut into the wake. try hitting the wake at a 45 degree angle. lean against the rope, like the boat is holding you up. dig your heals in. don't bend over at the waist. Edge all the way up the wake until your front foot comes to the top of the wake. Then stand up. when you straighten your legs that will give you the pop. You don't have to jump. You don't have to pull on the handle. Keep both hands on the handle, down low in front of your front hip. bend your legs when landing so you dont break a tibia. Slow, Progressive cut, two hands on the handle, tight rope= high pop, distance and control. Now go do it and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!
Old    gfunk            08-20-2002, 10:53 AM Reply   
Hey,
Dude that was totaly the wronge attitude. If ur not clearing the wake yet it could be alot of things. First of all what boat r u ridin behind. Next, to clear the wake, edge about 15 feet out away from the boat and start a progessive edge. This means start with 10% of ur body wieght on the edge of ur boat till u get to the wake thats when u should have the most wieght on ur edge. Edge all the way though the wake(DONT FLATIN OUT). At the top of the wake stand up which give u a pop. and u should clear it. O 1 more thing try to shorten ur rope lenght to about 65 feet the helps alot to! well good luck and STAY KOOL DONT LOOSE UR TEMPER!!!!!!!!
Old    gfunk            08-20-2002, 12:02 PM Reply   
dude i know ur problem u have a finless board. dude only pro ride finless GET A NEW BOARD AND U WILL BE SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!
Old    chrispy1            08-21-2002, 4:22 PM Reply   
dude don't worry . man i have been boarding for about 3 or 4 years and i just landed my first 180, bs 180, and 360 this year. and they are 1 wake tricks. I don't like to blame it on things , but if you own a OB like me it might take a little longer.
Old    pimpdaddygrady            08-21-2002, 6:36 PM Reply   
yo jordon...its definately not the board...i just got my helix and im doin a ****load lot betta than i was on my old obrien...i've tried everything..shortening the rope...loadin da boat w/ people 2 get a bigger wake...i've tried every approach i can...i just dont know wut the hells the problem...but it..i dont give a n e more
Old    gfunk            08-23-2002, 1:27 PM Reply   
all right then man well good luck and dont give up!!!
jordon
Old    pimpdaddygrady            08-23-2002, 9:10 PM Reply   
i'll try not too...supposed 2 b goin 2morrow w/ my friend drew...ima try my best