Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    natter            09-05-2004, 3:30 PM Reply   
I have a question my cooler on the port side does not have a drain? The white part lifts out so you can dump the water out but the black section under does not have a drain and the only way to get the water out is to remove one of the cup holders and suck the water out with a vacuum. Is this normal or did they screw up?
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-05-2004, 4:09 PM Reply   
No that is how it is on my 2004 San LE as well.
Old    tclagggym            09-05-2004, 5:04 PM Reply   
Just drill some small holes in the corners, and the water will go down.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-07-2004, 4:55 PM Reply   
I drilled the holes first, then tossed that crappy cooler and added 2 10" subs
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-07-2004, 5:50 PM Reply   
Not in a SAN, but ours' cooler came without a drain. Funny thing was that there was a recess in the gelcoat at the low spot. To do it clean, the tank had to come out, and I had to rig a little pipe to divert the flow or it would be draining on the tank. A big bag of ice generates a lot of water - couldn't picture having it sloshing around under the seat all day, ya know?
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-10-2004, 8:42 AM Reply   
I am planning to upgrade the cooler in my SAN to an electric cooler over the winter. I don't know how well it will work, but I am hoping to eliminate the need for ice. I plan to wire it directly to the non-starting batteries, with a switch that is seperate from the ignition. Hopefully I can find one that will fit into the stock cooler position and eliminate the flimsy, poorly-designed cooler that came with the boat.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-10-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
As soon as you find a way to make this work with ice i think you will have a winner. I have searched hard for some type of 12v cooler that you can use with ice and havent found one. I dont think any 12v cooler will ever keep drinks cold enough in the boat/desert environment, but 12v power to make the ice last all day would be terrific. Let us know if you find something.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
I have one of these and it can do ice since all the electric stuff is on top. Or did you mean one that would fit in the SAN "sub-box" cooler space?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jhtml?id=0013221512335a&type=product&cmCat=pe rf&rid=0180101070502&xpid=k17401&cm_ven=Performics &cm_cat=Nextag&cm_ite=DDI%20Link&afsrc=1