Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-13-2004, 12:49 PM Reply   
I bought an 04 CWB prodigy at the end of last year. I had only ridden it 4 or 5 months when I noticed it was starting to split along the edges. I called CWB to see about getting it fixed or replaced and they said to send it in and they would determine if it was covered by warranty or not. I don't want to pay a bunch of shipping and be with out my board for the last couple months of the year only to find out they won't cover it for some odd reason. Has anyone else had this problem and how did they handle it.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-13-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
They probably want to check and see if it's been on sliders. If you haven't slid it and there is no visible damage that looks like it's been slid then it should be covered. You might ask what would invalidate the warranty before you send it.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-13-2004, 3:36 PM Reply   
What he said. Also if you bought it from a dealership they would be able to take care of it for you. Any respectable shop will look & see that it was defective & hand you a new one & deal with the warranty issue themselves. It pays to support your local shop.
Old    the_intern            08-13-2004, 5:00 PM Reply   
If the board is a manufactures defect than you will be credited for your shipping costs and the board will be repaired or replaced. If the damage was caused by use on sliders then the board will not be covered under warranty. If you need more assistance call the factory again and explain your dilema. They should take care of your problem.
Old    the_intern            08-13-2004, 5:06 PM Reply   
On second thought take a picture and email it to me and I will get it taken care of.