Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-05-2009, 6:58 PM Reply   
I have a 06 Malibu Vride in which I have many gelcoat cracks that have developed. Within the 2nd year I started to notice fine gelcoat cracks at each window screw mounting holes. The holes were drilled poorly from the factory and caused the gelcoat to crack. My dealer repaired each of the cracks and within the first month 3 of them had reappeard and within 6 months all of them came back. They were repaired under warranty. I had huge issuse with the dealer so I decided to repair them myself. The dealer could not do it right the first time, I was not going to let them do it again. I ground out each crack and found that they had only ground out the crack through the first color of gel and not the other 2 colors down to bare fiberglass.

My question to everyone is. Do you feel I could use Evercoat fine hair glass repair to fill in the cracks after I have ground them out. I have been told by repair shops that this will not hold up and I need to use matt and resine. Has anyone done this type of repair? How well did it hold up? I included a picture of the ground out crack. Please any help would be greatly appriciated...Upload