Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-13-2007, 6:38 PM Reply   
This is the first time I will be winterizing my '97 VLX, and I have a few questions. It has a Walter 1.46 to 1 tranny, What plug do I pull to drain the water. It has 2 plugs on the right side one big one on the bottom and one little one on the top. Neither of these plugs have any marks on them like they have been removed, but it did come from So Cal so it may have never had the water drained from it. They both have square heads. What kind of oil goes in the tranny? Is one of those plugs to drain the oil and the other the water? How do I change the oil? Do I have to use one of those sucker pumps? I pretty much need the whole run through with winterizing a VLX. I can drain the block easy, add anti-freeze, change plugs, and fog cylinders. But the thing that really gets me is how to get the sun pad down after pulling the battery. Do you have to dissconect the electric motor and just put it on the floor then drop the pad? I need lots of help I didn't get an owners manual and it is my first V-drive. Thanks