Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (burakwake)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-19-2013, 3:48 PM Reply   
Hi,
I am trying to do bs 180s at the cable park but I have problems with my handle pass. I can't pull the handle to my back to change the hands because the rope is really tense and my arm doesn't have enough power to pull the handle to my back. Untill now I have managed doing some surface bs180s edging away from the cable and creating a slack, but I need to act really fast since the slack continues for like 1-2 sec or something. But when it comes to kicker it is even harder. (I am a goofy rider). When I jump I start my spin but I can't pull the handle to my ass to change the handle from my right hand to left hand. so how can I fix this ?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-19-2013, 7:02 PM Reply   
I've learned this recently at the cable myself with an early handle pass. The key to making the handle pass much, much easier is to pull with BOTH hands while going UP the kicker. You will get a lot of slack in the rope and can then pass after you're in the air. If you wait until you're in the air to pull on the handle, then you're right, the line is tighter and it's a tougher pass.

So keep the same body position as a normal kicker jump but really yank on the handle and try to pull it to the small of your back as you're going up the ramp/kicker. Let me know how it goes.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-20-2013, 6:38 AM Reply   
Flatten out early too helped me. If you edge hard you will have more line tension. I like to pop off the kicker/wake, then grab and/or poke it out then initiate my bs spin. spinning later rather than early helped me a ton too. Landing a bs 180 and ridding it out wrapped is the best feeling in the world to me I love that trick more than raleys.
Old     (burakwake)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-20-2013, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubanks01 View Post
I've learned this recently at the cable myself with an early handle pass. The key to making the handle pass much, much easier is to pull with BOTH hands while going UP the kicker. You will get a lot of slack in the rope and can then pass after you're in the air. If you wait until you're in the air to pull on the handle, then you're right, the line is tighter and it's a tougher pass.

So keep the same body position as a normal kicker jump but really yank on the handle and try to pull it to the small of your back as you're going up the ramp/kicker. Let me know how it goes.
I will try to do that, should I do an instantaneous strong pull or pull progressively as I go up the kicker ?
Old     (burakwake)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-20-2013, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinator View Post
Flatten out early too helped me. If you edge hard you will have more line tension. I like to pop off the kicker/wake, then grab and/or poke it out then initiate my bs spin. spinning later rather than early helped me a ton too. Landing a bs 180 and ridding it out wrapped is the best feeling in the world to me I love that trick more than raleys.
I tried flatten out too but still the rope is too tense to pull the handle to my back, I will try to pull the handle as I am going up to kicker like the Eubanks says, but I will try late spin and riding wrapped too.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-21-2013, 7:08 AM Reply   
Pull harder than you think.
Old     (burakwake)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-25-2013, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubanks01 View Post
Pull harder than you think.
Pulling really helps! I still need to get used to though... Today I managed to catch the handle with my left hand after bs 180 but it slipped from my hand so they weren't successful, but I guess practicing more I will be able to do the trick. Thanks. Also the guys at the cable park said I should go into the kicker with more speed.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-25-2013, 10:32 AM Reply   
Awesome! And yes, if you cut into the kicker and flatten out too early, then the line will tighten back as you're hitting the kicker.

Take a nice consistent approach to the kicker and let off your edge right before (like a couple of feet) you hit the kicker. That should help.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-26-2013, 6:43 AM Reply   
Rusty uses a similar approach for his double ups lol
Yank on the way up!
http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/how-t...ups-w-rusty/4/