Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-02-2011, 1:51 PM Reply   
Just got a new truck. And since I'm too cheap to buy leather interior, I need to pick up some seat covers to protect the interior from the dog, kid, and snow / mud trips.

I need something that looks and feels good, that can be removed and washed.

Any recommendations from experience? The neoprene is looking good so far.
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-02-2011, 4:43 PM Reply   
Yes, the neoprene wet okele or cabellos etc. are the way to go. Look good, waterproof, they may stink for a couple of days when you first put them on but they hold up well and you can get them in just about any color combination to match your truck.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-02-2011, 5:27 PM Reply   
X2 on the Okele's.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-02-2011, 6:18 PM Reply   
Seat covers are soo '84. I think you should go sheep skin.

I got one of the dog slings for the back of my truck. Works killer. Keeps the mutt, mud, fur where it belongs. Mine was from Cabela's.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-02-2011, 10:25 PM Reply   
jarrod, the cabella covers i have in my truck are bomb proof. there universal and fit clean. you know what mine look like but they got solid colors too check em.
Old    ajmac            03-03-2011, 5:29 AM Reply   
I had the Okele seat covers in my jeep for years and really liked them. The only beef I had with them was they faded after time and they got really hot. Granted this was mostly due to the top being down, but the heat thing got annoying on 90 degree days. But they do look and fit great.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-03-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
Thanks guys! Sounds like I need to check out the Okeles. I like the idea of neoprene.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-03-2011, 12:38 PM Reply   
Without a doubt, you're going to want to get camo ones.
Old    SamIngram            03-03-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
It's Wet Okole's
Old    sperbet            03-03-2011, 12:55 PM Reply   
seat covers on a brand new truck? for some reason it just seems wrong to me, reminds me of....
Attached Images

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-10-2011, 10:07 AM Reply   
Alright, so I priced out the neoprene seat covers. For the set I built on the website (complete with gun tote :-) the cost was $700 with tax and shipping.

That seems a little steep.

Scott, I have dog, a kid, and frequently visit the mud and snow. The interior of my last ride was trashed. Got to protect my investment somehow.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-10-2011, 12:34 PM Reply   
Dood, just get some weather tech mats and the dog sling for the back seat. That should pretty much get it done.

The gun tote is definitely worthwhile if you go that route. Ha, ha, ha.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-10-2011, 12:40 PM Reply   
Weather techs are already in!

I have to put some on the cloth seats to catch the dirt and dust.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-10-2011, 2:01 PM Reply   
Wait...couldn't you just have gotten leather for what you're going to have to pay to get good seat covers? :-)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-10-2011, 2:30 PM Reply   
Probably Eubanks. Actually I can have leather interior installed now for a little under 2 grand. To get leather on the original purchase, I would have had to upgrade to the premium trim package. It was a lot more expensive.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-11-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
Hey Evan, can you give me some details to that "sling" you mention above? Just got a Golden and am going to need something to keep my leather pilot seats in the Yukon safe.......

Thanks
Old    sperbet            03-11-2011, 2:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Hey Evan, can you give me some details to that "sling" you mention above? Just got a Golden and am going to need something to keep my leather pilot seats in the Yukon safe.......

Thanks
I think this is what Evan is refering to. My girl has one for her dog, works great.

http://www.doghammockcarseat.com/

Jarrod, was just poking fun at you buddy. Sall good, I'd want to take care of a brand new truck too
Old    sperbet            03-11-2011, 2:25 PM Reply   
and some much cheaper ones.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CD0Q8wIwAg#
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-11-2011, 2:37 PM Reply   
Scott - word, thanks.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-14-2011, 12:34 PM Reply   
Yup, that's what I was talking about. I got mine at Cabela's. It was only $40. I'm not sure how long it'll last, but it works great. My golden is a baby. She tries to climb into the front seat while we're driving. Probably didn't help that she would ride up front on the bench seat when I had my F250. With the sling she lay's down and stays put.

Congrats on the Golden, man. They're amazing dogs. Mine's basically like my kid. Makes me smile everyday.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-17-2011, 9:08 AM Reply   
Thanks Man, picking him up in a Month from the breeder. Super excited for the new addition to the fam & my new 3rd on the boat!
Im sure well run into each other at orwood a bunch - hope our puppy's can meet up.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-17-2011, 9:41 AM Reply   
For sure. Have fun. If yours is anything like mine,then he'll love being on the boat. Trouble is keeping her out of the water everytime the boat stops.