Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (blev2)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-23-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
anyone around abilene texas ride. if so where. we are thinking or trying to get a local tourny together.
Old    airjunky123            09-28-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
Hey Bryan, I'm in Sweetwater. You won't get a huge response here. There's a few riders in San Angelo and Midland/Odessa who post here but not many. I live on Lake S'water but it is still too low to use. I've been riding C-city and Alan Henry mostly this year. Coleman is probably the best lake near Abilene. Let me know if ya wanna go. (That is if you don't mind hangin out with a hydrofoiler)
Old    jmac_04            09-28-2004, 10:10 AM Reply   
I am in San Angelo and Nasworthy only has a couple of decent places to board. The really nice water is either NO SKI or NO WAKE.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-28-2004, 10:21 PM Reply   
Jon, you planning on going to Alan Henry again this season ? Let me know.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-29-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
hey clint call me cause i got a tige and ill take u to the lake
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-30-2004, 9:56 PM Reply   
wes, i emailed you with my number. I dont know what yours is. Im itching to go a few more times before it gets real cold.
Old     (blev2)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-01-2004, 11:23 PM Reply   
we make the trip to lake leon most of the time... its only an hour in eastland.. but sometimes we just take my best friends new 05 tige out on this little lake in abilene that he lives around the corner from
its pretty nice and stays empty. they are dredging it right now so next summer it will be money....
Old    airjunky123            10-04-2004, 6:08 AM Reply   
Did you know that Lytle is filled with treated effluent? I've been on it a couple of times though and didn't get sick. Did your friend just learn to hydrofoil? I saw that guy at the TX Fly-In last weekend with a new 24V.
Old     (blev2)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-04-2004, 4:01 PM Reply   
who told you lytle was filled with that.
Old    airjunky123            10-04-2004, 5:41 PM Reply   
some folks i rode with last year who live there
Old     (supraboard)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-06-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
any of you guys coming down for waketoberfest in austin. www.360wakeboard.com
Old    coy            10-06-2004, 9:16 AM Reply   
i am i am i am..............
Old     (blev2)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-06-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
lytle isnt filled with that... its filled with rain water and run in from a creek that comes from out near the golf course diamond back. i have good friends that live on it and a few years ago when it was dry we would go jack around in the bed and everything and about 3 rains later it was full with rain water
Old    airjunky123            10-07-2004, 6:35 AM Reply   
I may be misinformed, but since they started pumping effluent into Kirby, I was told they also were keeping Lytle at constant level with the same stuff. It's been treated to a state just under potable so it isn't supposed to pose a health risk. I have ridden there a couple of times and didn't have any problems. Since they're dredging now, it should be awesome.
Old     (blev2)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-07-2004, 9:55 PM Reply   
yeah... i have heard under there that it has a limestone floor.... so the water should clear up a grip and it should be a constant 10-15 ft deep all around.
Old    jrl            10-08-2004, 6:00 PM Reply   
whats up Bryan, Im stationed in Abilene (air force) hit me back I usually hit up Lake brownwood, just sold my boat and shopping for a newer rig, but have been hitting up the cable lake in Austin. Late
Old     (supraboard)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-12-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
The 360 Wakeboard club and South Austin Marine wants remind you to come out for all the off water events happening around Waketoberfest. We will be at Bone Daddy’s Thursday night and Bigsby’s Friday night, both nights we will be giving away a wakeboard. At Saturday’s at the Pier there will be many more wakeboards, bindings, riding gear, and gift certificates from the area pro shops. When you show up at the events make sure you get raffle tickets so you will have a chance to win prizes.
The tow boat for this year’s event is the Supra 21V, there will be demos on the boat before and after the event. You will also have a chance to check out the Gravity Games 22SSV, Moomba XLV and new Supra 24SSV. There will be riders in town from GB Boards, Ridin High clothing, Freeride Wakeboard School, LakeLessons.com, The Boardstop.com and Boardflix.com. So make your way to Lake Austin for some serious riding and a chance to grab new gear.
Old     (blev2)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-13-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
we have already winterized the tige for the winter so looks like my season ended pretty early this year.... we will have to get out there next season though
Old    jrl            10-15-2004, 5:53 PM Reply   
Cool, yea Im pretty much done this season also, but am still shopping for a new boat, looking at some Centurions this weekend in Dallas so we will see how that goes. late
Old    airjunky123            10-16-2004, 6:27 AM Reply   
Hey Justin, I'm selling my Tige', it's listed in the WW classifieds under "boats over 5 years old", as a 97 Tige 21i. Let me know if you want to take it out.
Old    jrl            10-16-2004, 8:39 AM Reply   
I was really wanting a v drive, but I will check it out, thanks Jonathon