Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-24-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
Yes, tige does haev some very cheesy OEM racks.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-24-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
I'm not saying Marine Power is a bad engine. The problem is Tige salesman had to always explain that Marine Power is a good engine. PCM and Indmar don't really need a extra sales pitch, people know the name. So I think using PCM is a step in the right direction for Tige.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-24-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
"The tower looks great !! It kills me why they would do all that R & D on a new tower and then use basically the same shotty board racks with bungee cords, makes no sense."

I agree that the 06 Wake Design racks did suck, but I doubt those are the same racks on the new MetCraft tower.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-24-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
Everything Wake Designs makes is garbage. Tige apparently has some relationship with Monster, I don't know why they have Monster build something for them.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-24-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
sorry guys i keep remembering things that tige added for this year. they are using a new 32oz. upholstery. a lot better than the past stuff. and they also designed trashcans into all the boats. they're pretty cool. i suggest everyone to go check out the 09's when you have a chance. even if your not a buyer just give them a look. they'll give you a new respect for Tige.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-24-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
That's a big one Ryan, I was checking out the Z1 last year and the sunpad felt like plywood.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-24-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
oooo and with the new alpha Z tower there will be a option for one of the board racks to be a surf rack that will hold 2 surf boards. the glove box door is also a lot better. not a little light weight plastic door. i think is aluminum but can't remember. i know it looks really good and feels real strong. i keep remembering thinks that were changed so as i do i'll keep posting them. and i'll try to get some more pics up. my camera that i took pics with broke so i'll give some dealers a call.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-24-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
The glove box door on the RZ'2 always has been aluminum.
Old     (wakeboardaddy)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-24-2008, 6:19 PM Reply   
07' 22ve glove box also aluminum, also made myself a billet mirror arm to go with it. Upload
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-24-2008, 6:42 PM Reply   
i must be thinking of my friends 06 22ve oooo well either way it looks good.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-24-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
i like the new look of the RZ2 and RZ4. first time i can actually say i like the way their boats look. i just wonder if the wake still has that nasty lip that curls over at the top.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-24-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
jason if it had a nasty lip at the top it must of had too much weight in the rear or not enough in the front and the taps too high. i run my RZ2 with 2500lbs in it with the weight about 50/50 in the boat. the taps is also ran at 6. if i have more people in it than 2 or 3 i run the taps down as i need it to keep that lip from curling and to keep it kicking.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-24-2008, 9:14 PM Reply   
Jason,

I suspect that you were on a 22V or 24V without enough weight up front. I have not seen any lip on the Ve's or RZ models.
Personally, I think the older V models with a little extra weight up front is the better wakemaking machine, but it is probably just because that is what I am used to.
Old     (foilboy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
Tige has never had an original design or thought.
All they do is copy.
Still no snap out carpet.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-24-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
still no snap out carpet. maybe next year but Bob wouldn't that be copying the other brands that do have it already hahahaha. nay sayers crack me up. sorry if you don't like my comment.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-24-2008, 9:35 PM Reply   
bob, interesting that you say that. Then why was Tige able to patent the Convex Hull design and Taps2 technology? They couldn't copy that hull or TAPS2 from anyone because they would never have gotten the patent.

Your ignorance to various models of boats is definitely shining through your little brain.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-24-2008, 9:55 PM Reply   
Was Tige not the first towboat to offer a 102'' wide model? Seems to me the early ones were deeper, as most towboats have since become.

The Tige Lifetime Replacement Warranty is not a copy of anyone else.

Tige has taken so much heat on these boards in the past but they just keep pressing forward.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-24-2008, 10:10 PM Reply   
I agree with JK, I don't know why Tige is hated on so heavily. I have had a 2000 Tige 21V, a 2003 SAN, and now a 2004 Tige 22V and have liked all of them pretty equally except for the 21V's wake and since Tige has made much better hulls
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-25-2008, 4:09 AM Reply   
Hay Bob, what kind of boat do you have? Mine is clearly stated in my username and Profile because I'm proud of my Tige and enjoy every minute in it. I dont need to bash other's boats to feel good about mine so why do you.

Your comments make no sense.......you bash Tige for, as you inaccurately state "all they do is copy", then bash them for not "copying" everyone else by going to snap out carpet. There are consumers out there that dont want/need snap out carpet.

Get a life $.02
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-25-2008, 7:40 AM Reply   
I ride mostly behind a MC never behind a Tige. However, I can't believe how silly and childish people are on these boards. Grown men talking s@#t about other peoples boats? Its like a damn kindergarden class my dad can beat up your dad blah blah blah. Bob you don't like Tige' great go buy something else give reasons why you don't like etc. As far as copying who cares. Every business copys another business and builds on it improves it and sometimes makes it worse but copying who cares. Come on guys your killing me.
Old     (pennery)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-25-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
Jeff That Mirror Arm is Sweet.. Nice work!
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-25-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
my 99 tige has snap out carpet. also for anyone who cares the "project" tige i bought is really coming along tigemike i just ordered a new tower will post picks when i get it.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-25-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
Those who speak out against "a" brand of towboat on a Wakeboarding site, are kooks 110%. Your not a rider, that much I know. Go back to working the Fries Station, and pray you get that promotion to the Drive Thru before summer ends. DB's.....
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-25-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
I think Tige takes a lot of heat because they design stuff so closely to the original. This is not a bash, just a reason as why I think it happens. Although a great idea, Supra, Nautique, Malibu, etc have not done a picklefork boat. Again with the tower, no one besides Tige has decided to copy the forward tower that closely. Tige makes great boats, I have owned one and would own another, I am just trying to suggest a reason as to why they catch so much flak on the boards.

That is a sweet mirror arm jeff!
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-25-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
The picklefork has roots going back a lot further than Mastercraft:

Picklefork: I'll never join you!
Tri-Hull: If you only knew the power of the Dark Side. Mastercraft never told you what happened to your father.
Picklefork: He told me enough! He told me *you* killed him!
Tri-Hull: No. *I* am your father.
Picklefork: No. No. That's not true. That's impossible!
Tri-Hull: Search your feelings, you *know* it to be true!
Picklefork: [anguished] No! No!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-25-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
Ryan and tall tige guy- it has been at least 6 years since I've ridden behind a tige. Back then it didn't matter how you weighted the boat it always had a wash at the top of the wake. You could minimize it but then the wake got almost too wide. From the looks of their more rescent hull designs that may have changed. But like I said it has been at least 6 years, maybe closer to 10.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-25-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
jason- a lot has changed from 6 to 10 years ago. if your ever up in the fresno area and wanna take a set or 2 let me know. the boat is always ready.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-25-2008, 4:47 PM Reply   
Jason,

The last year of Tiges to have spray pockets were in 2002. Spray pockets were initially invented to decrease the spray so that it would not hit a slalom skier who was skiing close. (I think) The spray pockets made a little lip of foam on the wake whenever the boat was weighted. It really is cosmetic, as that it was not big enough to feel. My 2002 had them and you could see it if I had enough people or weight in the boat.

Of note, the spray pockets did allow the transom to settle in deeper and make some of the best wakesurfing hulls ever. Surfdad, Jeff Walker, has one and I think he has been very pleased with the wake and his son has become one of the top wakesurfers around. They have a 23V.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-25-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
yea my buddy and i used to sit on the back of the boat and stick our feet in the water just behind the boat to see it the wake cleaned up and it did. those pray pockets were horrible. im glad they dont do those anymore.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-26-2008, 7:58 AM Reply   
anybody have a detailed pic of the spray pocket? I have a 99 22i do i have them? when i slam the boat it gets a little washed.
Old     (ron_mexico)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-26-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
funny. is that a seat on the back of a brand new in 2008 x35??Upload
Upload
Old     (ron_mexico)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-26-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
funny. is that a seat on the back of a brand new in 2008 x35??
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-26-2008, 11:47 AM Reply   
you cant tell anything from the pic of the mc you posted.
Old     (cody_08_lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-26-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
Ron wat r u getting at by saying this? that mastercraft is now copying tige or vice versa?
Old     (ron_mexico)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-27-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
my only point is that tige came out with a seat across the back of the boat in 06. they were the first to bring this to ski/wake market. then in 07 nautique does it. and 08 mastercraft.

THIS ENTIRE INDUSTRY COPIES EACH OTHER!!!! THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT SO COMPETITIVE!!!!

Upload
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-27-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
well said Ron. Tige was also the first to have a trim tab(Taps Plate) on the back of the boats. I think pretty much every inboar boat manufacture out there has a trim tab or wake shaper as most people call it.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-27-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
Who was the first company to have a swim platform because everyone else has copied them and pretty blatantly too.

Tige has coolers, storage and cupholders on the transom, which wakeboard company did they copy that from?

(Message edited by timmyb on June 27, 2008)
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-27-2008, 1:55 PM Reply   
Ryan just FYI Supra had them back in 1981.

However, Tige was the first to base their hull to work in conjunction with this tab. As well as the first to introduce a hydraulic tab to the towboat market.
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-27-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
who was the first to use fiberglass for boats (the rolling my eyes smiley)
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-27-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
yo Mama was!!!!!!

just kidding...this thread is ridiculous
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-27-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
Man i like the black and green RZ. Looks sweet. I think Tige has done a great job and been comming up in the market.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-27-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
MasterCraft never claimed the FIRST picklefork!
MasterCraft was and did bring it to the inboard/wakebiard industry first! 2003 was the year that MC teamed up with a designer who was also proposing it to Cobalt...an i/o company.

With that said MC brought it out first, then the designed failed on Cobalt. Now many other manufactuers have come out in the inboard industry with there own Pickle Fork. MB Sports, Tige, etc.

Yes copying is a great form of flattery. Just get your facts right. Tige please, come out with something original that you came up with yourself. Yes your new lines are AWESOME looking, the tower copy PLEASE give us a break already. The idea of that trim tab (TAPS) that is a joke. All the thing does is prevent your boat from porposing down the lake. It is a PATCH job for a badly designed hull. Take that thing off or run your boat up and down that lake at 20-24 MPH and see what happens.

PS I can't wait to see the pitting and pealing on that NEW tower from Tige or whoever is making there towers this week!!! I don't think that you want that wrap like BU does. All the chrome pitting and coming off.

2009 should prove to be a very very interting year. I wonder who will fall next?
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-27-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
Ummm, Mastercraft uses a trim tab now...
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-27-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
Tk,

Where is your facts to follow the TAPS idea of porpoising?

Tige did not come up with the tower design. You are right. Metcraft did and offered it to Malibu first. Malibu turned it down and they went to other companies. Tige then decided to put the new towers on their boats.

TK, you might need to do some research on the ideas you have mentioned before you stick your foot into your mouth. $.02

As some have already said, everyone has taken ideas from other manufacturers to include pickleforks, trim tabs, seats in the back of the boat, ...
Old     (ron_mexico)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-27-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
it sounds to me like EVERY BOAT COMPANY IN THE INDUSTRY has a bad hull design.

i'm with murphy. this thread is ridiculous.

copy in or not. tige is making the right moves just by giving people an equally competitive option.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-27-2008, 10:27 PM Reply   
"It is a PATCH job for a badly designed hull."

TK,
Is that statement right out of the mc salesman's handbook? Everytime Tige becomes the topic here, you provide us with another line like this. Tige has designed enough hulls by now that they could build one without a trim tab if they wanted to. Just like mc has learned how to build hulls without glue-in pieces, cheater fins for rudders, and retro-fit tower braces. None of these companies are perfect but they are all trying hard to provide the consumer with great designs and features.

Does that x-35 transom seat have some storage in it like the Tige original?
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-28-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
I racked my brain to try and figure out why everyone is arguing about such a useless subject. Then i realized when someone spends thousands of dollars on something they have to convince themself they made the right choice. So they hate everything that they didnt buy. I used to be proud of the wake community. my two cents
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-28-2008, 8:37 AM Reply   
Interesting thought donaldrhill. This thread was started for the 2009 Tige line while others seek enjoyment to downplay or say something about a boat that they have no idea or knowledge of. I would bet that 90% of the people that provide negative feedback on Tige's have never ridden behind one.

So, your point is found here. :-)
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-28-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
man dave your profile pick is sweet
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-28-2008, 11:42 AM Reply   
Thanks but it's for sale :-) Bought myself a new white/orange 2007 Tige RZ2 with a Lightning Audio sound system... It rocks.

Now, upgrading the tower to the new Alpha Z Tower might be in my best interest in a year. :-)
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-28-2008, 4:15 PM Reply   
"First i get step for my door, then he must get step for door. Then i get glass for my window, then he get glass. I get clock radio, he cannot afford clock radio..GREAT SUCCESS!" in my best borat voice
Old     (rz2007)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-17-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
Ok, I just have to laugh at the fact that Malibu 2009 is now taking some styling cues from Tige. Notice the side Cut-out's.... how very RZ'ish. Sorry.... I just couldn't resist. (Credit to Tanner - TigeOwners)

Upload
Old     (wakeboardaddy)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-17-2008, 3:33 PM Reply   
I dont have pics but most of the bu line for 09 will also have a transom seat and a walk thru transom. hmmmmmm tige had it first i believe! tige is still one step better on the walk thru because you can step right into it from the dock. and still have room for the ladies to lay on the sunpad.