Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-02-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
I just wanted to touch base with everyone and let you know what WSWA has in the works, and what we're trying to do for you.

Firstly I'll start by letting you know what isn't happening.
The Hardesty clinic and contest we had scheduled will be cancelled because of a scheduling issue that couldn't be resolved.

Now what is happening?

We're kicking off the season with a Spring Ride, this event will be hosted in June at Lake Isle, and it's similar to the big spring rides you see on wakeboarding websites. It will be a free ride based event, we encourage you to come out with your boats, your crews, and if you have room in your boats that you let us work with you to place anyone without a boat in a boat. We're still working on a few sponsors to try and set a cost per rider for this event. This is also being paired with a Hyperlite, Liquid Force, and Tige demo. If you're interested in helping us out with room in your boat, or you'd like to be placed in a boat, please contact me so we can start placing people (will try and set something up on our website too)

Next in our competition scene West Side Riders is hosting a competition and clinic around June 9th out at Lake Isle.

From there it's off to Moose Lake for another clinic and competition around July 23rd.

The Hyperlite tour hooks up with Hyperactive watersports for it's first stop in Edmonton for July 28-29th, Hyperlite usually throws a clinic/demo with this event.

Alberta provincials are scheduled for August 5th and are to be held at Alix lake, there will be a camp held a few days prior leading into provincials.

The biggest news is that Wakeboard Nationals will be hosted at Shalom Park just south of Edmonton, Nationals will be hosted sometime in mid August.

There will also be a second Hyperlite/Hyperactive tour stop on the way back West hosted at Ghost Dam as in years past, August 12/13th.

On the camp/demo/clinic specific side

May 27-28 West Side Riders is hosting a Hyperlite demo out at Lake Isle.

July 10-12 Junior camp out at Lake Isle

July 14-16th Girls clinic at Lake Isle

August 14-18th camp out at Lake Isle

As well as Hyperactive watersports you can also get in touch with

Mobius Marine
BJM Spots (Barry Jays marine)
Ocean Sports

to find out what shop specific events they are hosting.

Check out http://www.waterski.ab.ca/wakeboard/index.php

for any updates and changes to dates/locations and for more information.

Also feel free to contact me at
ghost_darkness@hotmail.com

or Shawn Gratzfeld at
wsrwakeboardclub@hotmail.com

We hope to see everyone out this summer!

Thanks

Jeffrey Blanchard
Director of Wakeboard Development
Water Ski Wakeboard Alberta

Shawn Gratzfeld
Director of Wakeboard Training
Water Ski Wakeboard Alberta

Special thanks to our sponsors
Tige
Hyperactive Watersports
Liquid Force, Hyperlite, and WSR
CWB

Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-02-2006, 9:06 PM Reply   
Sounds good man, thanks for the update. It's good to see this, and to know that there are not just American riders on this messageboard. So thanks a lot!

I am so stoaked for Nationals, and it's a lot closer to home this year so that is awesome. You Alberta boys know how to run a great competition, I know that is a fact. I am really looking forward to it. And I just hit 18 last week, so it should be a good weekend :-)

How is the competition at Alberta Provincials? Pretty tight? Do the Prices usually go? I might be passing through the area at the time on the way home from Jeremy's place, might stop and check it out.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-09-2006, 3:56 PM Reply   
This just in: Just a note one of the optional dates conflicts with our Spring Ride event, I'm in the works to see if this can be changed.

Dear Members:

Water Ski & Wakeboard Alberta will be hosting a “Learn-To” Coaches Clinic (Stage 1 of CBET). The coaching facilitators will be Matt Gosse, Russ Dickson and Steve Gosse. The price is TBD (between approximately $70-$100). This is a “Learn-To” course for beginners, yet all coaches are required to take it.

Times:
Friday 7 – 9 pm
Saturday 8am – 6 pm
Sunday 8am – 5 pm (flexible hours)

Number of Spots Available:
10-15 maximum (first come first served)

Optional Locations: (please specify which one you would prefer)
Edmonton
Red Deer
Calgary

Optional Dates: (please specify which one you would prefer)
June 2-4
June 9-11
June 16-18 (*revised)

Any questions please contact matt@bodybillboards.net. To register, please contact the WSWA office at info@wswa.ca. Also, our apologies for multiple emails that you may have received.