Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (t5_steve)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-28-2007, 10:20 AM Reply   
I recently installed a Boat Buddy II on my Boatmate trailer for my Centurion T5. The install went okay, but the fit of the BBII with my T5 was terrible. In fact, loading it produced two 8" long scratches in the gelcoat where the spring-pin support bracket rubbed thru the vinyl cover of the BBII. After that, I removed the BBII and re-installed the factory roller assembly.

The factory bow roller has always left rub-marks on the gelcoat in roughly the same locations as the BBII did. It seems like the bow stop/winch support post on the trailer is too tall or not situated at the correct angle for the long, shallow bow of my T5? Any thoughts?

Just curious... is there anyone else who is using a BBII with their Centurion and Boatmate trailer or has anyone tried this conversion and had similar results?

TIA,
Steve
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-28-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
i didn't think it was possible due to the shorter bow eye... i may be wrong.. but had a friend of mine check into it and it was a no go...
Old     (t5_steve)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-28-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
I did replace the factory (short) bow eye with the longer one that came with the BBII. Even with the longer eye, it just didn't seem to quite hit the trigger for releasing the spring-loaded lock pin.
Old     (steedracer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-28-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
My understanding is that Centurion says that the Boat Buddy is incompatible with their bow angles. Therefore I'm not getting it for my Enzo.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-28-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
I had a BB on my 2000 Centurion It never scratched the boat but it did not work very well and I never ordered another one
Old     (t5_steve)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-28-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
By Patrick Steed (steedracer) on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 4:17 pm:

My understanding is that Centurion says that the Boat Buddy is incompatible with their bow angles. Therefore I'm not getting it for my Enzo.

That's kind of how it looks to me.

If anyone's interested in a semi-used (one time) BoatBuddy II, I've got one for sale... cheap!

Thanks,
Steve