Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (socaldave)      Join Date: May 2002       08-09-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
#3. If you are reading this list and DO NOT have your gear and crew packed and ready to launch, go to the back of the line and get ready.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-09-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
1. Make sure your boat runs BEFORE you put it in the water
2. Remove rear tie down straps, and load all gear and people in the preparation area.
3. Do not dock up in a launch lane! Us the Gues/waiting dock
4. Don't forget the plug
5. if you don't know how to do something ASK SOMEONE.
6. No Swimming or playing on docks
7. Your turn to load is when your truck is down the ramp NOT when your boat is there.
8. HAVE FUN

This is all I can think of
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-09-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
I dont think you get it. I have had my new boat a total of 6 months. EVERY time I go out i have to tow someone in or help someone out. If it was just guys that would be fine but you don't have to sleep next to my girl when she is pissed. We didn't wipe the boat down since we were going the next day and we were already on the verge of running late. Her husband was just standing at the dock watching her struggle. he is the A$$
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-09-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
I think you should rewrite rule one rick. It should say if your boat doesn't start right up, pull it out and go to the back of the line. A lot of people won't warm up to the idea of starting their boat dry.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-09-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
I know weird thing is one time I got mud that clogged up the intake and the boat ran dry for about 3 minutes. I was worried about the impellar and removed it and it showed no signs of wear. I always fire it up for a second before I dunk and it never gave me problems. Plus its easy to replace on my boat and I always carry a spare. #1 was meant for people to use muffs before they even leave the house.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-09-2007, 12:39 PM Reply   
Don't get me wrong, I can't count how many times I had to yell at people to not work on their boats at the ramp.
Old     (tiggy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-09-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
At one of the most busiest ramps in my 'hood they have two ramps and about 200 parking spaces. It would get slammed by 0900 hours on a sunny Saturday and in the past their have been rumors of fist fights amongst captains and crews. The local police department has a "C.O.P." (Citizens On Patrol) program. On weekends and holidays these folks come down in uniform and police-type cars with amber lights. They are retired and mostly boaters themselves. They control / coordinate the gear loading area and the launch retrieve area. They have no law enforcement authority but are a direct extension of the local police department and are in radio contact with police officers. Also sometimes the visibility of a quasi-police uniform gains compliance for people that could be a potential problem. Since they "run" the dock their have been little to no problems. It has actually sped up the launch wait time.

You guys out their in Cali may want to check into it with your local police department that has jurisdiction over the ramp.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-10-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
If you're already running or on the verge of running late, how can you reasonably expect to make up the time at the boat ramp? This is a me-first way of thinking. This is also cause for a ticket on the streets.

I could teach my wife or any other inexperienced driver how to back up a trailer in an empty parking lot all day long. When there is a two lane ramp and many other boats waiting and people saying 'hey we're in a hurry, could you step it up or stop' it is a WHOLE different story. It was not the lady or the husband's fault you were running late.

Wake snobs are rampant in these parts. Proceed with caution.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-10-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
It also wasnt MY fault he didnt help her. THE BOAT WAS TIED UP. Stop putting it on me. Put it on everyone else. I didn't make up time at the ramp and the ramp was in the same place we were camping. had to get the boat back to my spot and get ready to go on a tour of the caverns at murphy's. It was a 5 lane launch and it was funny that is all. Normally I would have helped her but this ONE time I couldn't. If I had more time I would naturally stand right beside her drivers door and help her. I am very patient but this time I just couldn't be.
Old     (socalf150rider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-10-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
now that we all know the rules... now where are the people that probably need to hear this the most??? this needs to be posted ON THE WAITING LANE
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-10-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
I know. How do we get this to happen?!!!!