Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-04-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
Last week I hit a DubleUp and I timed it right for the first time. I lost the the handle but felt it throw me in the air for the first time. I landed one my back but so pumped to get that high I didn't feel a thing. So after probly 20 more atempts I couldn't ever get the timing right to do it a again. My question is what do you look for to get you timing right do you at the boat go through the rollers to start your cut
or do you concentrate on the wakes coming together???? Anything would help.
Old     (neller0414)      Join Date: May 2007       06-04-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
i dunno what ur actually supposed to do, but i look for the point the wakes are going to come together and try to time it and hit it right at the point, and yesterday i was successful 4/4 times hittin the doubleup doing it that way, but im relatively new at it also. man... of air though when you hit those bad boys!Upload
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-04-2007, 9:55 PM Reply   
what i do is i take a really short approach and just focus on the wake and popping off it.

i maybe go 15 feet out, take a mellow approach and focus on hitting the peak of the thrid roller.

this is for trip flip inverts and spins though so the edge might be harder for other tricks such as glides and stuff
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-05-2007, 5:40 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input I don't have anybody to ride with that can really give me any tips like this.
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-05-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
get about 20' out duck the first two rollers and rides the trough between 2 and 3 right into the converging point this will put you going up the wake as everything is coming together. Match the speed of the roller you aren't trying to come screaming in. The other part is having a driver it takes two people to do double ups right. Good luck. Keep trying.
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-05-2007, 2:45 PM Reply   
I always go after the 3rd double up that hits and so I always know which one to time for and which one to concentrate on. Just pick the roller you want to hit and consistently go off that one. You will get better at timing if your consistently going after the same one.