Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-19-2013, 1:23 PM Reply   
So, I have a 2001 X-Star with a leak on the port-side ballast. I'm using the High Fly 750s in the back departments. So... this leak I have seems to almost defy logic, I cannot figure out what it is!
I basically fill up the bag, and within about 10-15 minutes, the bag empties to about 20% full (80% of the bag empties out roughly). It does NOT completely empty! The boat does NOT have to be moving for this to occur. I simply have my boat stationed at a slip, and this will occur.

This is what I have done:

#1 - I switched both ballast bags in the back around. I moved the port bag over to the starboard side, and vice versa. I was curious to see if the problem would move from port to starboard, or if the problem would stay on the port side. The result was that the leak stayed on the port side. So, I'm assuming that means that there is NO problem with the bags.

#2 - I filled up the port-side ballast bag, and then shut of the intake valves (as to stop any water from getting pulled back out of the boat). Anyways, this did nothing. The problem remained!

#3 - Referring to the pumps that empty out the 750 bags, I took the o-ring from the impellor on the port side bag, and swapped it with the o-riing from the impellor on the starboard side (thinking I may have a bad o-ring). The problem remains!!

#4 - I took the part of the pump that the impellor sits in, and that screws into the bottom of the 750 bags, and swapped them from port to starboard... thinking that there may be a crack or leak in this. I was curious to once again see if the problem would move from port to starboard. The result... the problem stayed on the port side again!!

The only other thing I can think of is to replace the entire pump impellor on the port-side. Other than that..... I am completely out of ideas. It almost seems impossible to me that none of the things I have tried have yielded any results, or haven't moved the problem to the starboard side.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is driving me nuts!