Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Frankcondemslargesloths)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-18-2013, 4:59 PM Reply   
Is there any noticeable difference between a dyneema line and a regular rope? I've always ridden a regular rope but now I'm starting to notice when I do tweaked out grabs its harder to get back around. I'm wondering if its the rope, or me just being lazy.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-18-2013, 5:15 PM Reply   
Dyneema will do the trick. You should be at pro level by the end of next season. A combination of regular practice and dyneema line will do it.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-18-2013, 7:58 PM Reply   
When you say regular rope, what do you mean? Like a Poly-e standard ski rope that stretches?
Old     (Frankcondemslargesloths)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-19-2013, 4:08 AM Reply   
Yes. The one that stretches like crazy.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-19-2013, 4:30 AM Reply   
My feeble skills dont know the difference but I still edge hard and sometimes pop a handle. Thats when poly-e ropes bite.
If nothing else, the non stretch rope is much safer for the boat driver and passengers. Many a staple has been installed in the scalp of a driver due to the snap back of a loaded handle.
My wife is my driver and my kids are the crew. Non stretch ropes only are allowed upon the boat.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-19-2013, 7:08 AM Reply   
Dyneema for the win.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-19-2013, 9:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankcondemslargesloths View Post
Yes. The one that stretches like crazy.
A stretch rope isn't going to make that much of a difference pulling back tweaked grabs, that is laziness on your part. You will notice the difference though. Once you go non stretch, you can tell, its a steady stable consistent pull.

I've always said I rate a nonstretch rope as high priority as a tower...
Old     (Frankcondemslargesloths)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-19-2013, 4:15 PM Reply   
We have a sky pole. Haha. We use my grandmothers 2005 sporster with a sky pole and 880 pounds in the back. She won't let us get a tower or wedge. It's a closed bow so no weight(even the little we could safely fit in it) can go in the front. Boats free though so we use it. She pays for gas too!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-19-2013, 5:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankcondemslargesloths View Post
We have a sky pole. Haha. We use my grandmothers 2005 sporster with a sky pole and 880 pounds in the back. She won't let us get a tower or wedge. It's a closed bow so no weight(even the little we could safely fit in it) can go in the front. Boats free though so we use it. She pays for gas too!
I would've bought a nonstretch rope before I bought sacs. Tower/high pole, basically the same for most
Old     (Frankcondemslargesloths)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-19-2013, 5:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
I would've bought a nonstretch rope before I bought sacs. Tower/high pole, basically the same for most
The sacs were cheaper than a rope. haha. Got em of off CL for 80 bucks. It was a steal.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-19-2013, 6:01 PM Reply   
30 seconds searching and I found this....
Rope and handle, 85 bones.
http://www.buywake.com/wakeboard-rop...-blueblack.htm
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-26-2013, 7:29 PM Reply   
http://www.the-house.com/wklgava4brd...d-handles.html

i got this one and like it lots. it does not say but it is 65 + 5 + 5 +5 if i remember right.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-27-2013, 6:53 AM Reply   
Nylon is like a slingshot, its only good for Tubing and Slalom Skiing. Ditch that thing asap.