Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2011, 6:16 AM Reply   
In all the excitement, I forgot my data from testing my previous prop at home so I will have to do a full comparison on another day. However, I did notice a few things. First I guess I should say this is installed on a ’99 MariStar 210 with the 330 HP LTR and I was coming from a 14.25x14.5 OJ prop.

At WOT with no ballast I gained ~300 RPM and 1.5 MPH. This puts me at 5200 and 42, two things I don’t really care about, but thought it was worth noting.

I run about 2200lbs of ballast, time to plane feels to be very similar to the previous prop, but seems to start pulling sooner. It seemed like there was a slight delay between hitting the throttle and the boat starting to move with all of the props I have had on my boat so far, this was not the case with the 5 blade. The boat started moving as soon as my hand moved the lever forward. RPM was around 3200 at 23 MPH, but I need to double check this with my digital tach.

The prop sounds different. I can’t put my finger on it. I thought the boat was quieter; my passenger thought it was louder. Maybe it is just at a different pitch, maybe it is all in my head.

I want to think the boat handles better with the 5 blade prop. Seems like the steering is both smoother and lighter, it also holds speed better in turns.

I have not yet tried the prop at surf speeds and I have only been on the water a couple hours with it, but I like what I see so far. This weekend I will have the boat loaded down with people and gear plus be on the water all day. I will update my thoughts then. Based on what I have seen, if you need a new prop I would defiantly check out the TZ-X5.