Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (chadfowler)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-29-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
Anyone heading down for the long weekend?
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-29-2008, 9:47 AM Reply   
Already here, but was thinking of putting in on Bull Shoals one or two of Sat-Mon.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-29-2008, 9:47 AM Reply   
We're heading to Bull Shoals - last time we only saw one other boat all weekend. We'll be wakeskating behind a red SeaDoo or setting trotlines.

(Message edited by onthewatermo on August 29, 2008)
Old     (jj_your_boat_guycom)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-29-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
Why not visit Beaver Lake? There is a better wake riding scene on Beaver. Plus, if something happens to your equipment you have a great network of dealers to take care of you.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-29-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
I'd offer to take a crew out, prefer Sunday afternoon, especially with anyone who can do (and coach ?) a crow or TS front roll.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-29-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
JB, if you are talk about Bull Shoals, we might be onto something. If you've ever met Rich from the SkiShack (Springfield and Table Rock), we're going to his folks' place on Bull Shoals and his crows are dialed, but I just remembered that you said Sunday and we aren't heading down until Sunday evening (riding Pomme de Terre)

(Message edited by onthewatermo on August 29, 2008)
Old     (chadfowler)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-29-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
Any suggestions on a good bar to go to on Table Rock to watch the Mizzou game?
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-29-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
psst ... andy ... there's been a bigfoot sighting in arkansas. there are two X-stars keeping to themselves around BSBD with four familiar faces, and reports are they are doing mad tricks and filming too.

i know rich. he rode in my boat three summers ago when i demo'd my murray board (it was cool, he had four boards prepped, and just threw in the murray as a last choice). i was a new rider back then, and rode like one. he hit his scarecrow and me and my friend were amazed. it seemed an impossible trick. but things have progressed and i now am comfortable TS regular and switch.

would you ask rich if he'd be in for a session? i'd pay the gas (i might possibly go monday, or tuesday if you guys can hang around ... you should consider a solo practice someday .. that's when your time on the water will really pick up). he's got a buddy i've heard about that i've heard is good too. i hope my boat doesn't cause a conflict.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-29-2008, 12:28 PM Reply   
John, I'm on it...I'll talk to Rich tonight or tomorrow (that's funny that you also know he can be a wake snob - I don't think he can pass up comp level MCs especially since he sold his Malibu). We will be down there Sunday around 5 and wakeskate until sundown. Monday we are wide open and planning on being on the water. Their place is over near the Pine Mountain airstrip a quick SeaDoo jaunt from BSBD. Send me an email if you can to Lyskowski@hotmail.com and we can work out some plans without hijacking this thread.