Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       04-29-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
Mike Armstrong of Calibrated and I were given the chance to see what kind of wakesurf boat the new Sanger V237 could be. In a word impressive. We had three of the top 6 riders at the Worlds on the boat helping test.
My desire in a wakesurf boat is that all the ballast must be hidden. I think that to truly enjoy your day on the water you shouldn't have to sit on top of Fat sacs. I also think that for the general public the boat should produce a clean wake at speeds below 11 mph. It is not easy to learn at fast speeds. The last of my standards is safety. I want the boat when weighted to not take rollers over the back and have decent drivability. On my V215 I worry about taking water over the transom so i don't put as much weight in when it is crowded on the water. The boat should also be able to produce a comparable wake on either side just by switching ballast.

Th V237 fulfilled all of these standards. We were able to keep all the ballast in the rear locker and in the front stock ballast. The seating area was clear of any ballast but riders. We surfed at 10.5 mph. I think we could have gone a little slower and faster if desired. The Delta was somewhat crowded but there was never any worry about taking on water. The boat passed my standards with flying colors.

We started by weighting the goofy side. On my V215 I place 500 lbs of lead under a sack on the goofy side and fill the front stock ballast and the side stock ballast. We did the same thing except we had 600 lbs of lead under the sack. We filled the sack with about 300 lbs of water. This proved to be to much weight so we emptied some. This proved to be the setup we used for all the goofy riders. Pictures below:

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload