Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    ScottRobinson            02-28-2011, 10:52 AM Reply   
Looking for a board to really learn some 180s and 360s on. I ride a Long board now just to cruise and have fun, but want to learn some surface tricks this year. Thoughts? I am 6' 160lbs. What board should I look at?
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-28-2011, 11:57 AM Reply   
I ride a Phase Five Prop skim board. It is 4'5" long and fun to spin. I think it would fit in your weight range. I rode a Calibrated Piscus Pro Model and loved it. Part of my experience on that board was due to the awesome wakes I was riding on at the Wake 9 Polar Bear Event. They were much bigger and longer than my wake but the board spun so easy. When it warms up a little I want to try a Soul Craft skim board to see how they ride.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-28-2011, 2:58 PM Reply   
Most of the Phase 5 boards will work fine in the correct size for your weight. Inland Surfer skim boards will work as well. We have both brands in our boat and they are really fun boards.

My Phase 5 Texillium (large) which is designed for riders up to 200# is for sale so I can get a new surf style board. This is a really fun board that spins like crazy. I am 5'10 and 160# and ride it/spin it no problem and one of my friends who rides it regularly is 6' and 190# and it is his favorite board.

I have been trying to sell it here in Canada to save the hassel of shipping it to the USA but if you are interested I can find out if USPS will deliver a 54" long package. PM me if you are interested.
Attached Images

Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-01-2011, 6:14 AM Reply   
^^^ that's a good board for you.

My crew can ride the small Drew C up to 200lbs but hard to stay in the pocket on a comp size wave. I (150lbs) also tandem with my 40lb son just fine but haven't landed a 3 with him yet.

Tried a finless skim from the ocean and rode ok but between no fin and really no rocker, didn't work well but fun to mess around.

Inland has very good skims too, and I really like their new tri-fin where you can remove the fins as you progress.
Old    ScottRobinson            03-01-2011, 7:14 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. Thoughts on the squirt? Also I have a brand new Darrin Shapiro Slaysh I want to get rid of since it is more of a surf style. Anyone interested? Trade?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-01-2011, 9:43 AM Reply   
I am 155lbs and ride a 51" Calibrated Piscus. It is the best skim I have ridden by far. I have yet to ride a Drew Danielo Phase 5 though.