Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       03-30-2012, 5:56 AM Reply   
I guess this dude had enough of the dogs..... and the wife. I think he may have overracted just a tad.

DALLAS (Reuters) - A 76-year-old Texas man was charged with murder for shooting his wife and two dogs after one of the animals pooped in the house.

Police arrested Michael Stephen Stolz after a five-hour standoff at the man's home in the Dallas suburb of Lewisville late Tuesday. He was charged with murder in the shooting death of his wife, Bernice Stolz, and remained in the Denton County Jail on Wednesday on a $250,000 bond.

Stolz told officers he shot his 49-year-old wife and the couple's two dogs after the German Shepherd mix defecated on the floor on Saturday, said Lewisville Police Capt. Kevin Deaver. He told officers that he shot the dog, then their other dog, a Rottweiler, then his wife, who was screaming because of the shootings of the dogs, Deaver said.

Police were called to investigate after Bernice Stolz' employer reported that she failed to show up at work for several days. Stolz rebuffed officers who asked to enter the house and check on the woman's welfare, Deaver said.

Officers reported smelling an odor of decomposition from the home and called for SWAT officers to help encourage Stolz to surrender. SWAT officers finally sent a robot with a camera inside for a look, Deaver said. They noticed Stolz was unarmed and lying on the floor.

Stolz finally surrendered peacefully. Bernice Stolz's body was found on the kitchen floor with a gunshot wound to the head. Stolz told officers he had also intended to kill himself but ran out of bullets after shooting his wife and dogs, Deaver said.

"Sometimes it's just a trivial little thing that sets people off," Deaver said.

Police had previously responded to calls for medical assistance at the home but Stolz had no history of mental illness, Deaver said.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-31-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
The most unbelievable part about this story is that someone ran out of bullets in Texas.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-31-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by calexan View Post
The most unbelievable part about this story is that someone ran out of bullets in Texas.
I'm going to hell for laughing at this
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2012, 10:58 AM Reply   
Dang. People are nuts. I wish he had saved one bullet for himself.
Old     (brazosfreak05)      Join Date: May 2009       04-10-2012, 12:53 PM Reply   
i wish he had saved three bullets for himself