Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-24-2003, 10:49 AM Reply   
Cant land this trick. it is my first invert, i have a good progressive cut and get good pop but as i open for the landing i slam board on the water and cant even but check to get up. maybe my head position is wrong on the landing????
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-24-2003, 11:47 AM Reply   
Try and throw the rotation harder, sounds like you are not getting the board around. On any trick that you land on your toeside edge - edging away from the boat you have to land solid. It is very hard to do a but check and ride away when you are being pulled off your toes. Try throwing it so that it feels like you are going to overrotate... see what happens. You can practice this trick on a trampoline and get the feel.
Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-24-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
Thanks tony. I will try it on the water tomorow. do you think grabbing it would help to over rotate?
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-24-2003, 12:18 PM Reply   
Thats a difficult invert for your first. I kept trying and I could only land it 1 out of 10 or so. I am now learning a tantrum. It is more of a head trip to throw but much easier to land because you can spot your landing.

Tips on the front flip. I am still not good at this move but here are my tips anyway. The bigger you go the more difficult it is to correct under rotation on the landing, but it is easier to get the rotation right in the first place. If you don't go high then it is easy to butt check and stand up but it looks really weak. Hold on to the handle with two hands throughout the flip and let go with the back hand for the landing. Note: don't come up to short or your satchel will never forgive you.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-24-2003, 1:05 PM Reply   
Andrew- Don't extend to meet the landing until you see the water. Most people extend too soon on this trick which slows rotation causing you to come up short. If you know how to land switch, you can pull the handle to your back hip during the flip, which will cause you to throw a scarecrow. I tend to think scarecrows are a bit easier. Good luck.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-24-2003, 1:06 PM Reply   
Look towards the shore when landing the front roll and towards the boat when landing the scarecrow.
Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-25-2003, 12:51 AM Reply   
Thank rootc it is a hard flip i know but seeing i have started it i have to finish it! I never give up only my "jewels" have.
Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-25-2003, 12:56 AM Reply   
Thanks matt i would like to try a crow but thought the feeling is alot different as the edge is a little harder? no problem landing blind ect.
I will ice my nuts and give it a go today. cheers
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-25-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
pop first, roll second. i just landed my first ts front roll last week. you might try grabbing your shin with your back hand; it helped me get a little more rotation because it exagerated the tucked position. then, don't come out too early. it's tempting to try to prepare for the landing, but try to stay tucked as long as possible. hope that helps.
Old    barryb            06-25-2003, 12:13 PM Reply   
Overrotate it. The easiest landing is when you take a bow as you land.

You get rotation mostly from holding on with both hands and keeping the handle tight until just before you land.