Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old    nhboarder            09-28-2004, 6:41 PM Reply   
Whos got some pics and info on the 05 Tiges? The 22V Riders is my new dream boat. Saw it in the Newest WBM.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-28-2004, 7:28 PM Reply   
Here is the 22V Tige had at SurfExpo, sweet ride. I love my 22V but since all the Tige riders are now behind the 24V I have a new dream boat. Check out the 24V as well - HUGE and tons of storage - amazing wake also.
Old    hockeynriding03            09-28-2004, 8:00 PM Reply   
I have seen several of those big things on the center of the tower on Tiges. What does it do?
Old    wakecord            09-28-2004, 8:05 PM Reply   
That looks like the Skireel WakePro.
http://www.skireel.com
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-29-2004, 7:16 AM Reply   
Not sure if I like those towers. The Skireel would be nice though.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-29-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
I posted pics of my 24V a while back. The boat is beautiful and very roomy, but handles like a smaller boat in tight situations. It handles rough water better than my 21V did.
Old    bigj            09-29-2004, 1:44 PM Reply   
Looks alot like they are copying The Malibu tribal graphics. What up with that?
Old    mikep            09-29-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
I think Tige' is getting back at Malibu for copying the "wider beam" idea. :-)
Old    zackv            09-30-2004, 7:36 PM Reply   
I think they have had those graphics as an option for a while cause you can put them on most tiges.
Old     (blev2)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-30-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
those graphics actually just came out early this summer. they also have the west coast graphics which are similar but different. The new tower is a foot taller than the old one and it is amazing. the boat i board behind which is the first 05 22v has all the new stuff. my best friend got it back in april and it was the first boat with all the new stuff. its awesome and i suggest you try the new tower before dissin it.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-01-2004, 6:54 AM Reply   
"similar but different" isn't that an oxymoron. J/K From an engineering standpoint I would think they would have problems with stress cracks around the cracks or the hole thing swiveling around the clamps, msut work though. If that is an option on Tige's how long before the others start offering it
Old    bigj            10-01-2004, 9:44 AM Reply   
"The boat I board behind which is the first 05 22v has all the new stuff, My best friend got it back in April and it was the first boat with all the new stuff".

Not likely your friend got an "05" back in April.
Old     (blev2)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-01-2004, 11:14 PM Reply   
its likely when the owner and creator of tige lives down the street and you have known him and his family for years... the tower was a prototype and it was the first to be tested out and he also had the 05 graphics on his boat before anyone else. the boat came in april 28th. its kind of like knowing the creator of hyperlite. im sure hyperlite has there 05 stuff being made a lot earlier before they actually come out.... you think its possible.... id say so
Old    nhboarder            10-02-2004, 7:49 AM Reply   
Anyone Know when the 2005 Models will be on the site? Thanks
Old     (leetudor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-02-2004, 6:48 PM Reply   
In about two more weeks the new site should be up and running.
Old    roo            10-02-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
Great, cant wait to check it out. Id like to see some other color combos. I think that it was about time that tige added another color panel this year. Tiges are one of the sweetest looking boats on the lake. Nothing wrong with a clean, sweet ride but sometimes folks want more than three color panels to choose from. Nice to know there will be some new color combos out there now. Great move by Tige.
Old    aircox            10-04-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
Is Tige in a nutshel growing as a company? I heard their numbers were way down the last few years? I do like the new graphics...
Old    davidhoffman            10-04-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
J.Cox - Tige's numbers have been going up lately and I think either 2003 or 2004 was the biggest selling year in history. Each year they keep innovating their design and taking the bad things and making them better. It seems like they have been listening to customers because each year the boats get nicer and nicer.
Old    matt_dettman            10-04-2004, 3:18 PM Reply   
Just got back from the dealer meeting in Houston. Our numbers are definately up as a company. I know most of us western US dealers had record sales in model year '04.

The web site will be up in a week or two with all the updates.

All in all, I am really looking forward to '05!
Old    abilenetige            10-14-2004, 9:15 PM Reply   
bryan,
i have seen you guys riding out on lytle. You guys rip hard. I have always balisted my boat with water tanks, but it looks like you guys use girls. I guess when you ride with the ceo of tige's son...the girls are all about a day on the lake. and from what i have heard about ben...they are preatty wild. whenever you guys want to pick me up with one on that sweet 2005 24v...i will buy the gas and beer. anything to socialize with those girls
Old     (blev2)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-14-2004, 9:27 PM Reply   
Yeah ben pigeon is a pretty crazy guy. The man does know how to party and have a good time. somebody told me he has a name on this thing and i should figure out what it is or something. i wonder if he is enjoying school at rollins. now that guy knows how to load the boat with women. you should get to know him.
Old     (blev2)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-14-2004, 9:35 PM Reply   
HE IS WATCHING
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-16-2004, 9:51 PM Reply   
Tige boats keeps getting better.
No more crumble wakes, wood in the hull, or fugly towers.
They deserve credit for constantly pushing forward.
Old    matt_dettman            10-17-2004, 3:58 PM Reply   
Thanks Dane, that is high praise coming from you!

I know from lurking here that you have done your homework regarding boat performance and wake characteristics better than most on this board.

Charlie truly does listen to his dealers, riders and especially the end users...you guys!
Old    tigelova            11-04-2004, 10:47 PM Reply   
Just went by the dealer today and checked out the new graphics and they are sweeeeeeetttttttttt!!!!!! The tower looks awesome and the interior is the best that I have ever seen it look. The color schemes that he ordered had me drooling. I told him that I am going to trade my 02 in next week.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-07-2004, 3:23 PM Reply   
Tige's definately made big improvements. I hadn't been in one for a while then went in one this past Summer. Bad as hell. Problem with So-Cal is the Tige dealer has some tie in with Phat Buddie stuff. Cheapens the Tige name in my opinion.