Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (forensic_scientist)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-19-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
So, I have been boarding for a few years now and am at the point of learning how to do flips and rotations, but I can't visualize how to set up for the flip coming into the wake (especially committing to it!) Any pointers or good instructional videos someone can guide me to?
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-19-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
hey man. check at the video waketrix
spelt like that

It teaches you everything from getting up to tantrums and scarecrows.

its a great video. the videos are posted on their site. check it out
hope that helps
Old     (forensic_scientist)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-19-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
Thanks, David! I'll check it out!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-19-2008, 6:19 PM Reply   
Look at The Book DVD's for super detailed instruction through almost every trick you can think of, and Murray's Detention DVDs are also good. When it comes down to it, though, when trying your first invert, you just have to go for it. My first attempts were weak and I took some pretty nasty crashes, but once you start getting comfortable being inverted, you'll learn more with ease.

Also, if you have your 180's down before you start trying inverts, it will be a piece of cake adding them to some of the base inverts. Just an example, last fall I only had a hs backroll, and this year was able to learn a ts frontroll, crow, and R2R.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-20-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
trying things on a tramp really helps out a ton..
Old     (jsquared)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-20-2008, 5:47 PM Reply   
For any pointers you need:

theboardingschool.com
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-20-2008, 6:06 PM Reply   
check out learnwake.com too
Old     (forensic_scientist)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-26-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
Hey Andy, I thought about the trampoline idea..do you actually jump on there with your board on so you can feel what it's like? I can do front and back flips on a tramp pretty easily, but just wouldn't want to ruin it! I guess you could take the fins off so it doesn't tear the fabric...
Old     (lknevan)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-27-2008, 6:22 PM Reply   
theirs specificly a foam board for the tramp , so you dont tear it up, its like a 100 bucks though..i tore the foam off my wakeskate and put straps with it and made it thicker to save me the cost, but idk if its what you want to do
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-27-2008, 7:05 PM Reply   
The trampoline is a great tool for learning. My buddy and I have a rope and handle tied to a tree, we go out all the time and mess around with it. I feel pretty comfortable with whirlybirds on it. I'll probably give it a go next season. It will keep me busy through the winter.