Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (spjc)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-27-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
I am looking into getting some B-530's...Has anyone had any experience with these speakers
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-27-2007, 8:45 PM Reply   
I don't have any experience with them, but I highly suggest you check out the Wetsounds
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-28-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
Boss 530's use to be the production tower speaker all others were judged against when tower speakers first became all the rage. Having a well powered set of 530's on your tower in 2002/3 was pimp so to speak.

With all the changes with tower speakers, you don't hear much about them anymore, but that is not to say they are not a quality product, just that there are bigger and better now.

Bigger and better is maybe a poor way of putting, there are tower speakers that throw sound to the rider more efficiently.

NOTE! EVERYTHING you just read in the post was from someone who is far from an audiophile and does not have tower speakers on his dingy. I am sure there are some current 530 owners than can be of further assistance, but this is a good bump if nothing else....
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-28-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
shaun - as EJ said, the 530's were "the" speaker a few years back. i actually had a pair and now have NVS speakers. the difference is dramatic. check out wetsounds or NVS and you wont be disappointed. i am not sure the difference in prices these days, but if you can swing it, i would!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-28-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
They are nice can's. You can build some yourself by checking out E-bay. There is a company selling empty cans and you can load them up any way you like. I havent found a seprate that holds up to the demands of Blasting tunes. But for low to mid volume listining they work great Yes the New HCLD style speakers will give you more. So to answer the guys question yes I have had some experiance with them. Here are some pic's of my tower from years back
Upload
Old     (mastercraft7100)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-01-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
They worked!!
Upload
Old     (mastercraft7100)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-01-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-02-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
Upload