Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-26-2016, 6:35 PM Reply   
The lace locks on my ronix bindings always loosen when I ride. Anyone have suggestions?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-26-2016, 6:49 PM Reply   
I bought generic ones on Amazon that work great. Either that or Ive heard that the liquid force ones are really good.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-26-2016, 9:52 PM Reply   
Lose the locks, Go with regular laces.
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-26-2016, 11:22 PM Reply   
Do you have the older style? They redesigned their lace locks for 2016 and the new version rocks! We ride a LOT and with the new locks we've had no issues with slipping. Check with your local pro shop and they can order some for you.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-27-2016, 6:43 AM Reply   
Does Ronix use those really skinny laces? I had the same issue with my slingshot RADs. I wound up putting regular black work boot laces from Walmart in them with lace locks from my old LF boots, works like a charm. Don't have a lot of suggestions on Ronix boots unfortunately cause I've never had them, but in a lot of cases trying some different laces works. The boot laces from Walmart (kiwi brand) are only like $3 per set and hold up really well in the water. You can usually get different thicknesses for different styles of lace locks. Good luck.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2016, 11:20 PM Reply   
I've never had that issue with my ronix, but I'll second Swatguy, just use regular laces.
Old     (mikeab8)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-29-2016, 7:42 AM Reply   
My ronix laces on my 13' Ones loosened on me at least 10 times a set and its a known problem with ronix boots I've heard. I talked to my regional rep and I was able to get the 16 lace locks and put them on my boots. They seem to hold pretty well now, but haven't been able to ride with them yet...just waiting for that warmer weather.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       03-29-2016, 2:47 PM Reply   
An older beefier set of ronix laces/locks has held up for us, however anything from 12-15 versions have not... Basically become useless from 1-6 weeks in. Have been using a set of lf and random other boot locks with paracord. All those hold up fine.