Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
Don't exactly agree with how this will be run (from what I've heard about it, which isn't much because of poor promotion), but for those in the area it's an opportunity to see these guys ride.

http://www.xstarproam.com/index.html
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-26-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
What do you mean you don't agree with how it is going to be run?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
Supposedly invite only, which I can understand to keep the numbers down, but how does that attract anyone to even come to the event? Their info page isn't working so who knows whats up. I know its two weeks away, and nobody knows much about it.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-26-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
It is invite only. 6 pro and 6 outlaw riders. It is mainly being done as a demo. However there is prize money. They will also have a rail jam that night. Not sure if that's invite or not. How does invite only attract people??? How many times do Rusty, Parks, Shane, Andrew, Trevor, and Zane roll through that neck of the woods.

Should be alot of fun. I'll be the annoying guy on the mic!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
Word. Yea I understand invite keeping the numbers down and it being a demo. How does invite not attract people? The fact those not invited don't know about it. What were the qualifications for being invited? Did I miss something on here about the event? Could you possibly enlighten me with more information since the website can't? I'm not trying to be rude or mean, this just seems par for the course, a neat event that no-one will know about or attend. Other than the usual INT-NWL crowd, which I'm assuming is where the Am's got picked from. Thanks Neb.

Edit for spelling

(Message edited by behindtheboat on July 26, 2007)
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-26-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
I would love to drive the several hours to see those great riders ride. I just don’t think I could I don’t know what time my flight will come in that day. I whish they would have decided to have that near central Indy.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-27-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
Yeah, how about some more info. I live 1.5 hours away and haven't heard anything about this. Is this going to be on a public lake on a Saturday? If so, it's gonna be super rough. More details please. Thanks!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-27-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
That shop seems to have a private site from what I can tell.
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-27-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
Here is the low down on the August 11th event at Lake Maxinkuckee in Culver Indiana. I just called the Marina that is holding the event. Ronnie was right on the pros that will be there. The Riding event starts at 2pm and will be along the North shore of the lake. There is a fairly large beach here so people can see from the shore. This lake is public and on a typical Saturday it has really choppy water. I grew up on this lake and I didn't even like jet skiing on the weekend because it was so rough!! Culver Marina just got in a 2008 X-star and 2008 x2 this week!! The Rail Jam starts at 5pm and the set up is supposed to be awesome!! The marina will be cooking out to from what I understand, not sure how much food will cost but probably a few bucks for a burger or whatever. I will be there and look forward to meeting any other fellow boarders that will be there!