Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-17-2004, 7:06 AM Reply   
my girlfriend buy alpha binding the are small size and she were 7.5 of girl shoes, but i think they are too small look is big toe (pics below), it pass the footbed i think.
And she tell that they are tight ont the side of the feet.

2- I tried to fix them on the board but the screws seems not enough long it is possible or it's a board problem ?

Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-17-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
Maybe a little short, but not by much. Is her heel all the way to the back of the binding? They ride a little more forward, like a ski boot or snowboard binding, so the more upright you stand the more your toes will push out.

My Transits feel pretty snug, but I like that.

Eric
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-17-2004, 9:19 AM Reply   
I also wear a 7.5 shoe and have small alpha's, but my toes barely pop out from under the binding...weird.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-17-2004, 9:27 AM Reply   
they do look a little short, but like eric said..where is her heel? *either way, she has a nice pedicure!*
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-17-2004, 9:44 AM Reply   
It's all about where the arch is. If the foot pad fits her arch well, then the size is good. The footpad isn't too short from the pics.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-17-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
maybe she just has a freakishly large Big Toe :-)
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-17-2004, 10:12 AM Reply   
I guess I should have clarified why I thought they looked short...when my toes stick out the front like that I feel really off balance, like for instance when I land a w2w my foot always slides forward and then my heel is slid forward too much too *hence the where is the heel question*..I am thinking of investing in some new bindings, but have no idea what to get..any suggestions would be appreciated. I wear a 5.5-6 shoe.

bill--I have a freakishly large big toe on my right foot! so if she does, I feel her pain!:-)
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-17-2004, 10:27 AM Reply   
heres a suggestion,its been done before for some..

see if your shop will trade you your small baseplate/footbed for a medium pne at no charge..if they wont then just buy one and put your small overlay/uppers on the medium base plates..

it may not work in ALL cases but ive seen it done before and it did work..

ask around or call LF and see if its possible..

Angi LOL..

it may also work for you and your big toe :-)
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-17-2004, 10:37 AM Reply   
bill, thanks for the advice, but only thing is I am already in the mini or XS bindings?? what to do?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-17-2004, 10:49 AM Reply   
thats what i am thinking or reading into you all posts that your feet hang over the foot bed but the binding fits ok??

at least thats what the pic from radikals post is..all she needs is to get the bigger footbed/baseplat and put the old small uppers/overlays on them..

angi not sure what your problem is but your feet should stick out the front of your bindings but not out over the end of the footbed..the sliding forward happens to a lot of people at one time or another..

Angi what bidings do you own??

id say you need to get a binding with the heel/kidney slots ie the Zeus as well as a two lace front laceup bindings so you can adjust that area of your toes tighter seperatly from your ankle and upper foot area..thats will help keep your foot from sliding forward or limit it at least..
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-17-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
bill, I have the splits. and in my bindings, I dont even see my little toesies (till the dreaded foot slip happens) its always my left foot that slides forward..other than that I have no complaints about my bindings (they are so comfy) my feet never hurt. except there are way too many 'gimmicks' to strap and pull if I fly out on a crash landing and have to get back in in he water.
Old    swass            05-17-2004, 11:09 AM Reply   
I'm not a foot guy, but those are some hot toes!
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-17-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
ok but she dont want to buy new binding just to change the footbed, maybe she's gonna exange it for medium, or you think she have to keep the small ??

her heel is at the good place.

2- what is the order to place these peace to fix them on the board. tell me which one go in first.
i tried screw,purple donut and white donut but the screws seems to short and after i tried screw, purple donut, and under the fix i pass the screw thru the white donut and it fit, but i dont know if it's the good way ??
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-17-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
Probably the white piece closest to the binding, next the purple piece, then the screw. If that doesn't give you enough, try leaving out the white washer.

Also, if the foot is slipping try wrenching down the laces over the toes. Same goes for you too Angi. Once I'm in the water, I need to tighten down the toes, and work my way up the boot otherwise I slip.

Eric
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-17-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
when i put the white washer under the binding and i put the purple over it works, but i dont know if it's the good way i think the white one is there to protect steel on steel.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-17-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
thanks eric, I'll try that before I demo some other bindings.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-17-2004, 7:13 PM Reply   
I would get a size medium, the alpha's run small.

and it goes - screw > metal part > washer > bindings
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-17-2004, 7:36 PM Reply   
how tight is tight, bindings should not be loose and if she is even getting into those the mediums will definitely be loose enough to have one come off with out the other which can and will lead to much worse things then a little numbness once in a while if it is even that tight. Amateurs generally dont realize how tight bindings need to be. If you really want them loose ride with sandals not bindings. Try snowboarding with loose bindings also and see what kind of control you have, the board will be all over the place.