Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old    benj_t            06-09-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
yea ive seen parks on a tube
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-09-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
I've seen them on a boat too.. It was amazing! and one time I saw them on land, they were walking normal just like everyone else.. That was amazing too.
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-09-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
best thread ever.
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-09-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
What is wrong with tubing?...After the guys and i board in the morning we always proceed to beat the hell out of ourselves on the tube. Its usually a sausage fest and its always great fun!!!
Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-09-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
toobing is awesome for a certain type of people... people who have nominally accepted a life mediocrity and aimless unfulfilment... seriously i hate toobing but as long as i only have to cross their wakes once while passing i'm cool... the guys who get in the channel in front of about about 75yds ahead and zigzag their I/O w/ the throttle plowed tick me off... the real issue is that most of them don't know they're messing up the water for boarders period b/c they've never done it and are generally ignorant to anything but hanging on during a powerturn... but until there's legislation (which i don't anticipate) we're going to keep living w/ toobers JUST LIKE fishermen deal w/ us coming down the channel ever 5 mins and all but washing them out of their boats and washing their $40K+ boats up on shore... i gripe and b*tc# and complain too but it doesn't do a bit of good
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-09-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
"Its usually a sausage fest and its always great fun!!!"

Sounds like a party to me.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-09-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
Don't think you should be poking at people just yet man..... you pick out one tiny thing to post about, rather than defend yourself?????
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-09-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
I don't have anything to defend myself about. The title of the thread may be misleading (kind of wanted it to be a parody of Super Troopers), but I wanted people to see the "funny ha-ha" pictures that we took hoping they would see the humor in it. Some people saw the humor and had a good time with it, other people who read to far into it thought it was an attack on tubing in general.

Personally, I don't give two sh$%^s if people are out there tubing. I think tubing sucks PERIOD, thats my opinion and I am entitled to it. Small lake, big lake, away from other boaters, around other boaters, who cares. If you want to spin around in circles and try to kill your children like the dude in the pic, have a blast.

I agree with looser "This is the best thread ever!!!!" More pictures coming soon....
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-09-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
By Joe Umali (dakid) on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 7:01 am:

uh, you do know that the manufacturer wrote the product description, right?

Gladiator is Overton's brand. So Overton's did come up with the description...Not that it matters.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-09-2008, 1:25 PM Reply   
You cared enough to post and make comments.... i agree with you about tubing... but your forum blinders are funnier than this thread
Old     (zburns)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-09-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
Just wondering but if I can't tube what am I supposed to do the rest of the day when the water is too rough to wakeboard. Just brood and pout as I whatch the rest of the lake have fun.

NOTE: Although we haven't tubed any this year due to gas prices
Old     (zburns)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-09-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
Just to add I think tubing should only be used as a last resort and only from the hours 12-4
Old     (red220)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-09-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
The only complaint I have about Tubbers is that they usually are not considerate. Smooth water is not necessary to tube, so don't go tubing in coves where wakeboarders are trying to find smoother water. There is a time and place for everything and out in the middle of the lake where it's rough is tube time. Leave the butta for the wakeboarders...nuff said.
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-09-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
I think alot of this depends on the lake you board at
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-09-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
Funny, yesterday a friend of a friend showed up to ride on my buddies X-Star carrying some random tube "airhead" I think it was appropriately named. We shared jabs and jokes like: that's a funny looking fat sack, we don't need a cooler float, there are no kids coming - are there???

Out on the water, we taught the guy to ride, he got up first time and had a great time. One more lame tuber converted to competent boarder.

J-Rod, I am having an ongoing battle with the wife... She always wants to surf in the delta, I don't want to trash everybody's water. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to describe how surfing sets up swells that roll down the entire slough. I will take her out to Old River in the wider areas to surf but I wish everybody would learn what water is appropriate for what activities.
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-09-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
Hmm tube = floating cooler sounds like a much more effective use of a tube
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-09-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   

quote:

Funny, yesterday a friend of a friend showed up to ride on my buddies X-Star carrying some random tube

Dude brought his own tube, that is freakin awesome! I can see it now,
"Nah man I only ride airhead, connelly tubes suck, they got weak pop and they land hard. That's why I always bring my own"
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-09-2008, 9:55 PM Reply   
5 tubes + donzi + 60 mph + 10 people= the best king of the hill, or tube, ive ever played. That is probably the most enjoyable thing i have ever done on the water that involves all of my buddys at once, 10 of us on 4 ot 5 tubes jumping across them and kicking the shiat out of eachother at 60 behind our donzi. Such a blast. I dont know what i would do without tubing. If girls ever piss me off about using me for the boat i stick them on the tubes and unleash a can of woop A$$ on em. haha.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-10-2008, 6:14 AM Reply   
OH YEAHHHHHHHH. We got some more pictures yesterday, should be up in the next couple of days. Yesterday, straight off the dock, no warm up (not that you need it tubing) and into an immediate triple up. It was tight.
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-10-2008, 6:50 AM Reply   
Friends don't let friends ride in tubes.
Old     (joe_umali)      Join Date: May 2008       06-10-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
Brandon Stroud

Why would you want to make my son look foolish like that. I think you understood the point he was trying to make.

Maybe I have parental blinders on here, but some people just need to lay off my kid . . .
Old     (bucnoles)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-10-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
You're son is how old? I think he can fight his own battles.
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-10-2008, 7:12 PM Reply   
Ha ha ha...... This is better than the sock thread
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-10-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
man im not gonna lie

I LOVE TUBING

that junk can be so much fun no matter how core of a wakeboarder you are.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-10-2008, 8:13 PM Reply   
"Brandon Stroud

Why would you want to make my son look foolish like that. I think you understood the point he was trying to make.

Maybe I have parental blinders on here, but some people just need to lay off my kid . . ."

Good lookin out Brandon, thanks for your knowledge...

Sr./Jr. Love YA
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-11-2008, 12:00 AM Reply   
curious where this video is, the thread says the video is coming soon
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-11-2008, 6:11 AM Reply   
I wasn't bashing him at all. He said the manufacturer wrote the description and he is right. That manufacturer just happens to be Overton's.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-11-2008, 6:29 AM Reply   
i don't believe multiple people, let alone 10, do 60 MPH on tubes. 30MPH is pretty fricking fast on a tube if you are just hanging on and going straight. 60MPH would probably pop most tubes.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-11-2008, 6:33 AM Reply   
papa joe umali laying the smack down. " CAN YOU SMELLLLLLLL, WHAT PAPA JOE....... IS COOKING."
Old     (joe_umali)      Join Date: May 2008       06-11-2008, 7:35 AM Reply   
Thanks.

For years I have tried to keep to myself (unlike most of the other parents in this forum), but sometimes you just have to step up for your kid . . . especially when they have a reputation to protect.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-11-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
^^ are you serious??
Old     (preacherman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-11-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
I'm curious as to when this thread is going to end, I think it's pointless!!!!!

Wakeboarding, tubing, skiing, or whatever...as long as people are having fun and being safe that's all that matters.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-11-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
Safe, what a concept. Like doing circles in the middle of the same line i have been running all day. Or perhaps tailgating me with a rider up so you can hit my wake. You are going to kill someone. So yes i can sleep just fine at night hating tubers.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-11-2008, 10:17 AM Reply   
the point of tubing is to jack people up and donald i think whiping your friend into someones wake at 30 mph + is te best thing you can do for them:-)
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-11-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
Unless my rider goes down and you run over him with your boat. Know what screw it im going to walmart to get a tube. figure eights for life YEAH!!!
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-11-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
^^I know someone who was run over by a tailgating boat. Their arm got ripped by the propellar, but luckily, doctors were able to fix it and no real damage was done. but seriously, don't do it.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-11-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
Erik believe what you want. How would it pop tubes? they are basically in the air, 4 or 5 tubes +10 ppl = 2 or 3 to a tube, thats what most people do??? remember its a donzi with lots of pull.... i dont know what your talking about. Im not saying we make it out a live everytime, everyone alwasy comes out beat up and bruised. Its not 60 the whole time, its on and off, normally about 40 or 45 when we're trying to jump across the tubes and kick eachother off, then we see who takes off when we go 60 if they are light enough and they lose as well. The most common injury is a hydraulic from just falling off. Not a big deal though, kinda funny.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
"Like doing circles in the middle of the same line i have been running all day."
--Donald good point!

I was pulling my ski partner for a couple of runs the other night (Slalom YUP!)
8pm mind you,

D.A. decided to cut in the middle of my 36mph pass after I've been driving back and forth for 6 passes straight adjusting the rope a liter here and there.....

Good thing he was a toe in and pulling tubers alll day or I would of brought out the shottie!