Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old    lvly777            04-26-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
How do these rank as far as quality and dependability for this year and make? If they both are close to the same price..Mastercraft is 13900 but I have to add everything to get it to a "wakeboard boat"..tower,system,racks,etc..But the Supra already has it all at $19k (asking price) So hopefully get it down to $17??
Would it be worth even paying a lil more for the Supra? Hrs on the Mastercraft are 760, Supra 450 both in GREAT shape in and out. Please give me your input , I'm trying to close the deal...
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-26-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
Laura,
I just finished telling you in the other post that the maristar is a good boat. However if you have the extra cash and can go for the supra I would. It's a newer boat so you would definately have an EFI motor and with everything on it ready to go theres no waiting around for your tower and stuff to be installed. Supras are great boats and the legacy should make a great wake. It's got a high freeboard so you'll be able to load it up. Goodluck
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-26-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
That year legacy does NOT have a lot of freeboard. And the nose will take rollers and swamp. The nose rides low to the water as compared to a maristar. Much lower. I know from personal, first hand experience. I just helped my friend sell his 98 legacy for those reasons. The wake was also,, well,, not good. Even with full sacs. Great ski boat, but bad wakeboard boat. Please email me if you have any qs. I rode behind the legacy many many times
Old     (boats4every1)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-27-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
First off kyle in 94 All MasterCrafts were EFI. And in 98 supra was not and very few got hte EFI upgrade. I was working for a Supra dealer back then. Second Andy is right about the freeboard of the legacy and the performance. Laura, you will find that in 5 years The MC will be worth more than the Supra even though the Supra is 4 years newer.