Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (austin79)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-09-2005, 7:11 AM Reply   
Got a room to rent Lake front 30 minutes out of D.C.
Lake is a butter factory, fully loaded Mastercraft X2. Coaching available.
Email me if keen
Old     (suprarider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-09-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
Hi Lance,
How's the new house?
Hi to the Calloways, Heather and especially your
mom and dad. Have a great Christmas.
Jim and Sharon
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-09-2005, 2:21 PM Reply   
Austin,

More details please. Is it available for 3-day weekends? How many does it sleep? What lake? Can I bring my own boat? Does it have a slalom course or sliders? I might be interested for a few weekends next summer. Some of my friends are skiers, some are boarders.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-09-2005, 7:02 PM Reply   
austin some more info would be appreciated. Always looking for a new place to go and instruction.
Old     (austin79)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-10-2005, 7:31 AM Reply   
Sorry for the lack of info. Lake is just out of Manassas, VA
We are looking for a full time room mate.
As for sliders and slalom course there is none. But there is plans for some sliders.
You have to live on the lake to put a boat in.
Yes i will be coaching next summer, i coached at The WakeBoard Camp for 3 years.
http://www.wakeboardcamp.com/coaches-Lance.shtml

Feel free to give me an email if you have any questions.

Hi Jim and Sharon
House is awesome, everyone is good.
Is your lake freezing yet?
Have a good Christmas
Old     (suprarider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-11-2005, 2:00 PM Reply   
Hi Lance,
The lake started to freeze up 1/2 way so we put Tom's de-icer in. We still have snow on the ground and it's been staying cold. Tell Tom that we are keeping an eye on the place. The road in is iced over. Pretty tricky without a 4WD. I bet you miss FLA, I know I miss CALI in the winter, and I bet Heather does too :-) I have a new wakeskate under the tree. Can't wait for spring.
Have a great 1.
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-11-2005, 4:30 PM Reply   
I'll hit you up for some instruction this Spring for sure. I'm down in Richmond, so you are pretty close.

Jeff
Old     (socalrick)      Join Date: May 2005       12-11-2005, 11:09 PM Reply   
Austin,

Is that Lake Jackson you are on? I grew up in Manassas and rode a Rope Swing and Cable into the water there and yes it is butter.
Old     (djiali)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-12-2005, 3:18 AM Reply   
Lance. We ride up in the potomac with the regular trips down to anna. I will definatly take you up on a 1 day session when the weather gets nicer. You on warm or cold side? Feel free to shoot me an email, we're trying to build a team up here and it would be nice to pass the instruction business your way: admin@dcwake.com
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-12-2005, 6:21 PM Reply   
It is great to hear that things like this are popping up on the VA/MD/PA area........I live in PA and it is hard to find a solid corp of people who always want to go out. We go to Raystown Lake out by Pitt and we would like to try out Lake Anna or Smith Mountain Lake this summer...... I know of some people who wakeboard @ the Potomac that live up my way.....Maybe we will get down there with them sometime next year.....I live @ Lake Heritage which is kind of like Austin's Lake.....you have to be a homeowner in the community to have a boat in here. Anyways.........let's all keep in touch and see what '06 has in store! Cheers, Brandon
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-12-2005, 7:09 PM Reply   
Lake Anna is awesome. Went twice this year, hope to do it again a couple times this year. But, we ride outside annapolis maryland most of the time, water all around and couple wakeboarders here and there. I was also thinking about smith mountain lake, would like to hear more about it.
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-13-2005, 7:58 AM Reply   
For those of you interested in Smith Mountain Lake there is a Smith Mtn. Group listed on www.endofropegang.com. Just scroll down and you'll see a bunch of different lakes listed in NC and some in VA. We live at Claytor Lake which is about an hour from Smith Mountain.
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-13-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
Oops! After going to the end of rope gang site click on forums in the left hand column and then scroll down to where the lakes are listed.
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-15-2005, 9:26 AM Reply   
Leigh,

I know Adam Fields who lives @ Lake Gaston and he posts alot on the endofropegang website! He is a great instructor and an amazing rider!!!! Hell I would have just paid him to come up and ride and just let us all watch him!!!! I know i can get to Gaston from Gettysburg, PA in about 5 hours or so.............. We might have to hit that up!!!! I would also like to learn more about Smith Mountain Lake! Anyone know if they rent cabins and stuff like that there?????

Eric= I work down by Annapolis and do the wonderful commute!!! Although I would never bring my boat down to the wonderful bay area.....Do you have a ski/wakeboard boat???? Do you ever have any issue's with it running in that wonderful MD water???????
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-15-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
Brandon,
Just do a search for smith mtn lake va rental property and you'll find a ton of stuff.
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-15-2005, 10:52 AM Reply   
Brandon

We have had an 03 outback LS for 3 seasons in the bay water. Haven't had a problem, knock on wood, its alot of work to keep the boat clean but it is the water that we have to use and I love it. My uncle also has a Malibu wakesetter he uses in the rivers off the bay he has had his for about 4 seasons and not had a problem.

What area do you work around annapolis? Thats a heck of a commute too.
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-16-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
Leigh,

thanks I will take a look @ that! I just want to try out some new places. Hell Raystown Lake up in PA is pretty big and we have not even checked all of that out yet!!!!

Eric,

Yeah I was in the Navy so I know that salt water does so I am a little hesitant!! haha Luckily we live in a private community and we only have to drive about 1/3 of a mile to the marina where our boat is located... We just bought a leftover '04 Tige 21i last year and we love it!!!!!

I work for a Computer Security/Engineering company called Edge Technologies. I work in the Ft. Meade area.....Have you ever heard of or been to Raystown?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-16-2005, 9:28 PM Reply   
Eric,

Where do you ride, the Severn?
Have you ever been up the Bush river? We are thinking about riding there next year, staying in the camper at Bar Harbor campground. I wonder if the salt comes up that far?

Brandon,

I've been to Raystown lake many times, rented a houseboat there 3 times. It's awesome! The lake twists and turns for 28+ miles! Do a search for raystown lake. Raystown resort is your best bet for a place to stay. Lodge, campground, cabins, marina, restaurant, etc. All right on the water.
If it wasn't 4 1/2 hours away, I'd be there every weekend!
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-17-2005, 3:19 AM Reply   
Brandon
Havent been to Raystown, just heard about it. I drive by the fort mead area everytime i come back to school. Don't live far from there.

NJSkier
We ride all the way up the severn, theres a ski course up there. Around ski island and such.

Dont know where the bush river is. But ill do a search on it later. But i gota run. Got practice to go to. Just wish i was wakeboarding practice.Oh well
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-17-2005, 5:40 AM Reply   
njskier,

We have been going to Raystown the past 4 years and we like it as well. We always stay @ the Resort @ the south end of the lake. We have been trying all of the different cabins each year and we only have 2 more to try!! haha Once my son gets older we will rent the houseboats.....they look like alot of fun!!!!!! I've been up by Seven Points as well......but I like the resort b/c of everything they have there....anyways..........maybe a bunch of us can hook up there this summer!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-18-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
Brandon,

A get together at Raystown would be cool. I love that place!
Do you ride often at Lake Heritage? I've never heard of that. How big is it? I bet it's nice, since it's private. I'd love to get a pull there sometime.
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-18-2005, 4:53 PM Reply   
njskier,

Yeah we are going to get together soon to plan our first weekend up there!!!! do you have a wife/kids who like to ride??????? I am looking @ having my son try to just get the feel of getting pulled up around the end of the summer....he will be 3 in August!!!! AHAHHAHAHAHAH but he loves being out there and watching everyone!!!

Lake Heritage is nice.........mostly b/c we live like 1/3 of a mile where our boat is on a lift @ the Marina! But overall the lake is TINY! hahahahahha It is only about 180 acres! Which sounds big but it's not! But hey.....it sure beats nothing!!!!!! Let's keep in touch and try to hook something up this summer!!!! We have a big open house here in April sometime and the Marina always brings in a Tige rider...We have had Tino Santori up here a few times..and also Nick Weinacker *sp* Good times!!! Lots of boarding a little partying and just good time overall
Old     (djiali)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-19-2005, 3:14 AM Reply   
Since this is a pretty popular thread, I'm going to hijack for a quick second. We have a 99 outback on the potomac and when the weather/water warms up, we'll be out there every day after work, and usually all or most of the weekend days. Always open for riders.
We launch right outside of old town alexandria, so if any riders want a pull or a permanent seat on the boat, email me at admin@dcwake.com.
Now back to your regular scheduled programming.

PS: Lance, thanks for all the info.