Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-25-2011, 1:59 PM Reply   
Hey I got a new Sony HD cam that shoot's 1080i video and I thought I would give it a try on the Boat's RGB led's The cam has a hard time with some of the colors like Blue and Red, Its seems like only when it's White that LED's are not making the image all tweaked out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB0Zi...&feature=feedu
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-25-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
That is awesome Grant. I really like how the colors change starting with the tower then fade to the rear. Classy!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-25-2011, 6:44 PM Reply   
I know alot of you have had good luck with superbright LEDs .com it looks like they now have a color chasing RGB product
http://www.superbrightleds.com/blog/...sing-RGB-Strip
Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       10-25-2011, 11:15 PM Reply   
That is so cool, and the tower speaker box adds a whole new dimension to that setup.

I saw some of your other uploads of flying. Do you fly yourself out there too? I fly up here in Sacramento.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-26-2011, 9:33 AM Reply   
Grant: I don't own a plane but I jump at the chance to go flying with some friends when ever the right seat opens up. The commute to the lake is pretty short and flying to the lake would only save me about 30 min's. If I had a place in Tahoe or LA, FOR Sure I would have a plane. My Buddy's have a 210 Centurion and a Beechcraft B-36 as well as a Nanchang CJ-6. What are you flying?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2011, 10:49 AM Reply   
Thats taking the LED's to a whole new level. Really amazing man, great job!
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-26-2011, 10:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Thats taking the LED's to a whole new level. Really amazing man, great job!
+1 awesome G!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-27-2011, 9:17 AM Reply   
You got waaaay too much time on your hands but that looks awesome! Very Cool!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2011, 10:06 AM Reply   
I have been running this system for close to 3 years now. At the time it was pretty ahead of the curve. This system has its Up's and Down's. The Down's
All the LED's are Linked. Example. The signal starts at the Very front to the boat and then runs backwards. Each and Every LED strip in the boat is linked to one another. The signal comes threw the front of the LED strip and then out the back to the Next one in-line. Each strip has its Own power supply. Power for each strip is NOT provided from the strip in-front or behind of it. Power runs one way threw it. Signal moves in both directions forward's and backwards. This is How the lights can sequence from front to back. And if I wanted from Left to right. If a strip in the chain is bad the whole system will not work. The signal Needs to run threw the whole chain of lights for it to work . Kind of like how old school christmas lights work. If one light is bad then the rest of the system is down. So alot of the down side is all the extra work up front. The up side is that the system can do pretty much any thing you want it to and you can MAKE custom color's
and Patterns via your lap top and down load them to the controller. The controller has about 20 patterns Stock. You can make up to 99 patterns or colors. The video that I shot is Only stock patterns and colors I haven't even made any patterns or colors. Ill be doing that this winter,
Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       10-28-2011, 9:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Grant: I don't own a plane but I jump at the chance to go flying with some friends when ever the right seat opens up. The commute to the lake is pretty short and flying to the lake would only save me about 30 min's. If I had a place in Tahoe or LA, FOR Sure I would have a plane. My Buddy's have a 210 Centurion and a Beechcraft B-36 as well as a Nanchang CJ-6. What are you flying?
That's quite the collection they have. A 210 is great for getting around with a decent amount of people. I usually just rent a 182 out of Sac Exec. Going down to Santa Monica next week for 30 days to get my CFI finally.

But anyway.... Sorry to pull away from the pretty LEDs. Haha
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-08-2011, 6:40 PM Reply   
badass pimp daddy