Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-11-2013, 10:27 AM Reply   
Driving up to Dallas from Houston on Friday for an event.. Thought I might make a weekend of it and take the boat with me and hit up lake louisville. Probably won'get any riding in since I won't have a driver for me, but I figured I could take the girls to the big party cove I keep seeing about.

Anything I need to know? What ramp is good? where to go etc?
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-11-2013, 10:31 AM Reply   
Lots of shallow spots on the east side (Little Elm/Frisco/The Colony) so just watch for junk poking out or (worse) just under the surface. I try to stay away from there on weekends because too many accidents happen for my liking. I go up to Ray Roberts or Texoma instead. Regardless, should be a nice weekend out here. Enjoy your trip.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-11-2013, 10:47 AM Reply   
You mean "Lewisville". Better get some local knowledge of the lake, it is shallow overall and stumps in bunches.
Old    bigdtx            06-11-2013, 11:55 AM Reply   
Been a while since I've been to the cove(s) - it's in front of or behind the dam (breaks on both sides) depending on the wind - but it's always fun.

If you've never been on the lake stop by a walmart and pick up a lake map in the boat/fishing dept - will show all the ramps and a good layout of the lake in general.

South side ramps are busy because they are the closest to the Dallas metro area.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat...e/access.phtml
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-11-2013, 12:40 PM Reply   
I would drop in at Eagle Point marina that way you avoid the stumpy East side of the lake. We were out there last weekend, sure to be a good time no doubt. Grab a bite to eat and watch the scenery at Sneaky Pete's which is right by Eagle Point Marina. The food is not great, mostly bar type food, but the people watching is fantastic and great drinks.

Like Bid D said, there are two locations depending on wind. I imagine the wind will be out of the south since it's going to be near 100 degrees this weekend so the tie up spot will be on the north side of the break. To get to party cove there is a small cut through that is right next to the tie up spot, DO NOT take this, it's very shallow. About 1/4 mile down the land break stops and you can go around in nice deep water. Take the extra 15 minutes and take that route and save your drive gear.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-11-2013, 3:40 PM Reply   
Pier 121 Marina is also a good spot. We were there a few weeks ago and it's good to go..
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       06-11-2013, 4:43 PM Reply   
We have a crew heading down to this lake for the 4th of July. Staying with some friends who live on the lake. Pretty stoked to check it out.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-12-2013, 6:01 AM Reply   
x2 on pier 121
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-12-2013, 12:13 PM Reply   
FYI Pier 121 is a members only ramp, thats the ramp I use. You want to use the one next to it if you're on that side of the lake. There wont be much riding to do on the weekend on Lewisville as it is packed with every type of boater out there, even in the morning. If you're just going to party cove then I would advise launching at Eagle Point Marina or even the ramp next to party cove which is West Lake Park, (heres a Google map)

Party cove is a great time for some great "scenes" and just general foolishness. It usually starts bumping around 2:30. If you have any other questions let me know, Im usually out there twice a week so I know that lake well.

Last edited by pierce_bronkite; 06-12-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-12-2013, 5:01 PM Reply   
Awesome info...

yeah I am debating on not even bringing the boards lol. I know it will be a mess to even bother riding on the weekend, but I figured we might just check out party cove and tie up for a while.. then cruise around and enjoy the sun for the day.

The girls want to make jello shots to bring up too so we should be able to make friends lol
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-13-2013, 7:52 AM Reply   
I think the best ramp to launch from is Stewart Pennisula, but I recommended Eagle Point because of location and just what Matt is saying, the lake will be a mess. So the closer you can get to that side of the lake the better. Eagle Mountain is easy access to I-35 and all the happenings on the lake and it's launch fees are very reasonable from what I understand. Pier 121 and Stewart are both pretty much as far from party cove as you can get and you'll have to navigate the entire lake and chop to get there. One thing for sure, keep an eye out for the PoPo as they will certainly be out in full force. Make sure all numbers are up to date and safety equipment is pretty visible so they don't have any obvious reason to stop you. There are sure to be enough fools with girls dancing on stripper poles while driving to occupy most of their time, but better safe than sorry.