Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-25-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
Anyone hear about this. Was supposed to be today at Carolina Marina with Ronix demo gear. Had a friend tell me that there was nothing there.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-25-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
Anyone?? A bud of mine just rode down there, no sign of Harf. A few peeps in a new X-star and a local, Alex Hamerick. Maybe they just haven't got started yet. Guess the question is: Why Belews Lake?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-25-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
Will anything be going on this weekend I'm going camping out their Sat. night.
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-26-2007, 5:03 AM Reply   
Nothing but the norm this weekend, hopefully slick in the a.m. and White caps by noon. Was hell a choppy and crowded last night! Hit us up if your out and about. We'll be out and about all weekend I'm sure.

(Message edited by nauty_tique on April 26, 2007)
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-26-2007, 5:43 AM Reply   
If you see a supersport and a ski ray that will be us.
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-26-2007, 5:48 AM Reply   
Right on, no telling which boat we'll be in, Where you guys camping, any idea? 1st time camping there?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-26-2007, 5:58 AM Reply   
1st time camping second summer going to Belews.

Last sunday we scouted out a couple spots but nothing for sure. they where close to wear the warm water put out is. But I was thinking closer to the plant would be better.
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-26-2007, 7:24 AM Reply   
Never camped myself, inlaws have a place up there. I know it's supposedly illegal to camp but I really doubt anyone will mess with you this weekend. The only time I've seen them jack people is labor or memorial day. There are a couple sweet islands out towards the damn that are pretty cool if you want to moor(sp) the boat, wouldn't recommend beaching though. There's also a pretty good cove almost directly across from humphries that has a little "finger" that's pretty cool to camp at.
Old     (lfboardboomer)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-26-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
Harf didnt show up, not sure of the reason. Clay Flethcer did come with a Ronix rep and still but on a good demo day. It was a little slow, but for the people that showed up, they got to try new boards and take nice long sets behind the X-Star. Thanks to Boardparadise and Ronix for bringing a little excitement to the middle of no where. Good, relaxed day overall.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-27-2007, 5:35 AM Reply   
mr boardboomer -- where you located --near stokesdale i imagine? they had hte ole X-star sacked out pretty good -- it would barely plain out....
Old     (lfboardboomer)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-27-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
Whats up. I actually live on Belews Lake, down on the Piney Bluff free ramp side. Yeah the boat was pretty wieghted down, maybe a little to much for some of the people riding. Where do you live?
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-27-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
i live in the edge of summerfield, but have a place at Humphreys.. we are out all weekend, what boat are you on.. we are either on my blue and white supra, orange avalanche, or red and white nautique...
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-27-2007, 10:36 PM Reply   
Ya I was up at the demo. It was fun. BP was giving away free food and Clay was giving great pulls. Just a all around fun day. kinda bummed Harf wasent there but its all good.