Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (99san)      Join Date: Oct 2013       03-12-2014, 8:51 PM Reply   
Well I've read other posts but need some advice.. I have a 99 SAN and am stoked to start surfing this year.... I have a old hyperlite but need a new board.... I'm 5'8" 140 so what are my options... want to stay in the 300-500$ range, also going to have around 2000-2300 lbs of ballast and hopefully have a surf system to shape the wake thanks

Last edited by 99san; 03-12-2014 at 8:54 PM.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-13-2014, 9:43 AM Reply   
At that price range you are looking at only sale items/last years models from wakeboard brands, for the most part and used boards
At your size and skill level, I would suggest looking at surf style boards in the 4'8" length and shorter range. I can get you into a lightly used demo board in your price range.

Nick
Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-14-2014, 10:51 AM Reply   
In that price range I would look in your area for a good used board. I see guys all over this site that have boards that they want to get rid of. The first place you have to start is what style of rider do you want to be? Skim, surf? They have some good hybrids out there that really allow you to do some of both. I think a common theme you will hear and see on this site is to get the best board you can afford. I have to say, when I started surfing I didn't really agree with that advice and I bought a low end board from a non-wakesurf company and I will tell you we out grew it fast. Like really fast! That board cost me $350 and less than half way through the first summer we were ready to move on. Problem is nobody wants that board, Can't really get anything for it and now we won't like it. I guess it still serves it's purpose as our "newbie" board. So…spend the extra money and get the quality stuff or be patient and look for a good used board.
Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       03-14-2014, 7:49 PM Reply   
You should check out the triple X lineup... ask your local dealer if they carry them or give the guys at Bakes a call. I don't think they have the line on their web page but they do carry it so you should be able to order a board from them over the phone. I am pretty sure that they are closing out their older stuff
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-18-2014, 9:45 PM Reply   
Check out cove wake surfers priced right and a great board
Old     (fastsanger)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-26-2014, 7:01 PM Reply   
i have a nearly new day 1 skitzo for sale used very little 4' 7"
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-04-2014, 3:40 PM Reply   
I suggest getting what you want. Save up a just a little more and visit Soulcraftboarding.com, fill out a request form and I'll get back to ya with options.

Last edited by Squid; 04-04-2014 at 3:42 PM.